Off Topic

Have you started gearing up for second wave?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 3:55 pm
Jun 4, 2013
445 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
ConsoleWatcher wrote: We never had "empty shelves" in the sense that there was no food; it was only a few items that were unavailable, with alternatives readily available.
LOL try coming to Vancouver. Literally Superstore, Wal Mart, Costco, T and T, etc etc were out of Rice, pasta, canned foods, cleaning products, TP , soap, body wash for at least a month back in March/April .
I was lucky enough since parents was senior so they were able go to Costco during senior hours and grab some stuff for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1942 posts
546 upvotes
Toronto
Medicine was hard to find as well.

I need to get one pack of Ibuprofen and I hope to be able to find it today unless it has been wiped out like before.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10517 posts
1713 upvotes
Why? We never had a shortage on IB. Dexamethasone was but it's better now.

cardle wrote: Medicine was hard to find as well.

I need to get one pack of Ibuprofen and I hope to be able to find it today unless it has been wiped out like before.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33995 posts
19846 upvotes
Ottawa

Costco always had stock
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
5833 posts
989 upvotes
Funnily enough if people DIDN'T panic buy there would be enough for everyone .....strange how that works !
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378
Ole Gunnar IN!!!!
I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13094 posts
2184 upvotes
City of Vancouver

Ibuprofen is not good for the gut microbiome: https://med.uottawa.ca/en/news/everyday ... microbiome

"...The drugs we take can have one effect on our own physiology and quite another on the microbes contained within us. For example, different non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can have similar effects on humans while having radically different effects on the microbiome. While ibuprofen radically decreases the biomass of the gut microbiome, another NSAID called indometacin enriches the family of bacteria known as enterobacterales. These bacteria include E. coli and Salmonella, which can potentially cause serious infections..."
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Sep 1, 2013
834 posts
270 upvotes
Mississauga
rb wrote: Funnily enough if people DIDN'T panic buy there would be enough for everyone .....strange how that works !
You can't fix the type of stupid that most humans are.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1900 posts
461 upvotes
In Hiding
sponge5307 wrote: And who will foot the bill in the end? Tax payers of course. So why should people who are risking their lives working be punish more? Why should people do more OT coz there is a shortage of workers are getting ding. Beside during March to Sept don't have to pay rent and won't get evicted. That's 9k in savings. If rent is too much then maybe is time to move? I still have friends who shares a rental apartment with 2 to 3 other people and rent is not $1500 is more $600. Sure you really only get a room and the rest of the space is shared but when you need to save/can't afford a place by yourself you have to do what you have to do.

And there are still jobs out there. Close relatives just landed a job in Sept and my Cousin Pizza place have been trying to hire to people but no luck coz no one wants to work.
They should check the assets of the folks before paying them any more CERB. The CERB money could be used to pay bonuses or reduce taxes for those who are ESSENTIAL front line workers who are at a higher risk than the lazy bums sitting at home watching Netflix.
Jun 4, 2013
445 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
Catnippy wrote: They should check the assets of the folks before paying them any more CERB. The CERB money could be used to pay bonuses or reduce taxes for those who are ESSENTIAL front line workers who are at a higher risk than the lazy bums sitting at home watching Netflix.
Or they could use merge CERB and CREW together. Say if a business hire 80 to 90% of it's work force before March the gov will pay 80% of all the employee wages for IDK 6 months or something. So business starts hiring and since people no longer gets free money they have to start looking for jobs.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6382 posts
1204 upvotes
Becks wrote: Ibuprofen is not good for the gut microbiome: https://med.uottawa.ca/en/news/everyday ... microbiome

"...The drugs we take can have one effect on our own physiology and quite another on the microbes contained within us. For example, different non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can have similar effects on humans while having radically different effects on the microbiome. While ibuprofen radically decreases the biomass of the gut microbiome, another NSAID called indometacin enriches the family of bacteria known as enterobacterales. These bacteria include E. coli and Salmonella, which can potentially cause serious infections..."
Yeah, that’s a great study that was done with FIVE people. LOL!
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
3929 posts
1152 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
second wave is here. numbers are extremely high today. 400.

i dunno what to do. i have enough toilet paper but im not going to stock pile it like these other people do at costco
Hi
Jun 21, 2011
949 posts
143 upvotes
YYZ
sponge5307 wrote: And who will foot the bill in the end? Tax payers of course. So why should people who are risking their lives working be punish more? Why should people do more OT coz there is a shortage of workers are getting ding. Beside during March to Sept don't have to pay rent and won't get evicted. That's 9k in savings. If rent is too much then maybe is time to move? I still have friends who shares a rental apartment with 2 to 3 other people and rent is not $1500 is more $600. Sure you really only get a room and the rest of the space is shared but when you need to save/can't afford a place by yourself you have to do what you have to do.

And there are still jobs out there. Close relatives just landed a job in Sept and my Cousin Pizza place have been trying to hire to people but no luck coz no one wants to work.
I am just stating facts, now the free rent and no eviction will come to an end. You will have to pay for all those missed months. plus the months moving forward. From what I am seeing, ppl are going out and buying all sort of things so hopefully they saved some CERB but at the same time, if more job losses are coming due to a possible second wave, then it will get even harder then!