Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4144 posts
1706 upvotes

Having trouble with a Hitron modem in bridge mode and D-Link Router

So I got upgraded to Rogers ignite 100 today (No gigabit, unfortunately)

Brought the new modem home, set it to bridge mode, plugged it into my D-Link DIR-632 router and had limited connectivity with no internet access. Modem works in wi-fi mode and wired to my laptop. I tried resetting the router to default settings and that didn't work.

Any ideas? I could keep the modem in gateway mode but I'd rather use my router for my network.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15814 posts
2407 upvotes
You'd probably be better off using the Hitron than a D-Link 632.
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3391 posts
404 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
JAC wrote: You'd probably be better off using the Hitron than a D-Link 632.
Agreed. Though the Hitron itself is known to be an unreliable POS when it comes to wifi. OP paid for ignite 100, but he's not going to get anything close to those speeds over wifi unless he gets a separate AC router.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20383 posts
8422 upvotes
Toronto
My router failed and I am forced to use the hitron at the moment until I get a replacement. I am somewhat surprised by the performance. It is not bad, except for the lack of features.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4144 posts
1706 upvotes
loserga wrote: Agreed. Though the Hitron itself is known to be an unreliable POS when it comes to wifi. OP paid for ignite 100, but he's not going to get anything close to those speeds over wifi unless he gets a separate AC router.
AC router?