• May 5th, 2021 7:26 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
193 posts
138 upvotes
SW Ontario

Hayward Pool Pump Expertline ..?

Any one has any experience installing the wiring on this model it has 115 / 220 options , want to switch to 115 no manual and no help on net either .model is SP2670007X10C. Super pump 700 This is part of their ‘expert line’ .
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4768 posts
2108 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I found a manual quite quickly on Google.

Anyways all you need to do is change the feed at the panel. If you’re on 230V you have a double pole breaker with both wires from the cable on it. 1 of those wires moves to the neutral bar in the breaker panel and the other stays on a single pole breaker.

You should go over that manual before making any chances as you likely need to replace your wire. It says #14AWG for 230V and #12 for 120V so if you’re actually just changing an existing setup you most likely need to upgrade your existing wiring from #14 to #12. You will also need to replace the double pole breaker with a single pole breaker of appropriate size.
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
193 posts
138 upvotes
SW Ontario
Tx
I don’t have to change anything on inside panel as I had 110 coming out and old pump was 3/4 Hp working on it . Now this pump is 1Hp wired for 230 with option to change it to 115 from within the pump itself , that is what I am looking for how to do it .
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5988 posts
3540 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah, the manual is easy to find but it doesn't give you instructions on how to do this - mostly because anybody who is trained to do electrical work doesn't need those instructions and you don't really want a novice monkeying around with voltage.

If this pump is convertible (and most are), it should be obvious once you pull the end cap off the dry end of the pump (where the power cord is). Some pumps (helpfully) have a switch inside and all you have to do is flip the switch whereas other pumps have labelled connectors for 115 or 230. Unfortunately, in some cases, the pump's connectors are not labelled and you need a wiring diagram. Do you have a picture of your pump with the end cap off?
Feb 16, 2009
835 posts
81 upvotes
is it this one?

looks like you just lift that connector and move it one position over to where the 115 arrow points
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
193 posts
138 upvotes
SW Ontario
Here is Pic, Doesnt say much on the paper stuck inside either.
Images
  • IMG_4123 (1).JPG
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4768 posts
2108 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Mastero wrote: Here is Pic, Doesnt say much on the paper stuck inside either.
You just need to change the plug. Right now you’ll see the 230V plug is connected pull that apart and connect it to the 120V plug.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5988 posts
3540 upvotes
Ottawa
ChicoQuente wrote: You just need to change the plug. Right now you’ll see the 230V plug is connected pull that apart and connect it to the 120V plug.
Yup. That's all it takes. In my experience, they're all slightly different but this one is easy peasy