6261 posts
2542 upvotes
Canuckland

[HAZE] Arizer Solo 2 FS with a free grinder $167

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Haze Smoke Shop
Excellent herb vape at a discount, most places sell them at $200+ they seem to have it discounted to $167

Cheapest I’ve seen for the Solo 2
16 replies
Jan 13, 2019
233 posts
396 upvotes
Seems to be selection of places with it for $180. I think I'd wait for a black Friday sale possibly, though 4/20 is really the best time to buy.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8341 posts
1964 upvotes
I got it for around the same price and I have to say it's a very good vape. Highly recommended Thumbs Up Sign
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1249 posts
442 upvotes
I'm hoping these sales are a hint of a new product revision. The Solo 2 (and the Air 2 and the Argo) was released in 2017, and while it is a most-excellent dry-flower vape, I'd like to see a refresh. All sorts of options are available in the market now, and I'd like to see what Arizer has in store.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8341 posts
1964 upvotes
Interesting, what kind of other options. I mean you push a button and it gets really hot really fast. Has auto shutoff, and some sort of child protection. Not sure what else Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1529 posts
651 upvotes
London
Great vape. Only thing I wish was different is the size of the chamber for herb... just wish it was bigger. But not really a problem I guess. It's still enough to get me high for a couple of hours.
Mar 8, 2015
693 posts
2654 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Great deal OP, I have it since last 2 years and it is the best money spent due to its ease of loading, usage, cleaning and charging.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6261 posts
2542 upvotes
Canuckland
mumbles wrote: Great vape. Only thing I wish was different is the size of the chamber for herb... just wish it was bigger. But not really a problem I guess. It's still enough to get me high for a couple of hours.
I actually prefer it, saves ton of money on the long run. If you want a better hit, you can hook it up to a bong with an adapter
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4903 posts
2888 upvotes
Have the Air 2 from awhile ago, but so inexperienced in all this.
What temps do you guys typically use?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1249 posts
442 upvotes
CFRTim wrote: Interesting, what kind of other options. I mean you push a button and it gets really hot really fast. Has auto shutoff, and some sort of child protection. Not sure what else Thinking Face
USB-C charging for one. The days of the proprietary AC charger are long-gone. Even Storz & Bickle is updating the Mighty with USB-C charging. I'd also like to see better battery life; my unit is 3 or 4 years old and it doesn't hold a charge quite like it used to.

I also know that Arizer tends to favour conduction heating, while the newer vapes tend to convection. I don't know which is better, but I'd expect there's been some improvement in both technologies in the past 5 years.

The one thing I don't want to see is Arizer trying to make the next Solo concentrate-compatible. It's already among the best dry-flower vapes available now (I alternate between the Solo 2 and the Mighty), and I think trying to do concentrates as well will make the flower experience worse.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1249 posts
442 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: Have the Air 2 from awhile ago, but so inexperienced in all this.
What temps do you guys typically use?
I've settled into this ladder, after at least of decade of vaping (f combustion!): 160 --> 174 --> 185 --> 196 --> 198 --> 200 --> 202

The first three steps are mostly for flavour. There's not a lot of THC released at those temps, so you don't get very substantial clouds, if at all. I usually hit each of the first three steps twice. 196* is where things start cooking. You still get some nice terps, and the clouds start to thicken up. I'll hit 196 three or four times. I like 198* best. I find that to be the point where the flavour:vapour ratio is most satisfying. I'll hit 198 until I don't get any more vapour, then wind it down at 200 and 202. Those last two temps will start to get a bit harsh, but they will give some nice clouds and a nice buzz. Much hotter than 202 and I think things start to burn a bit.

The key to the Arizer vapes is learning how to grind (medium grind is best, too fine and it gets sucked up into the tube, too coarse and you won't get much extraction), how to pack (fill the bowl, but if it's too tight you won't get extraction. Too loose and it'll draw too fast), and how to draw (Arizers need to be sipped, not sucked. If you pull too fast, you won't get anything).

EDIT: I'm adding a comment that flower storage plays into this as well. I keep my bud in HerbGuard jars -- opaque, glass odor-proof jars -- with 55% Integra Boost packs. This keeps the bud at the right level of humidity for vaporizing. If you don't store your weed similarly, my ladder might not work for you because you're starting at a different moisture point. For example, 62% Boveda packs, are great for combustion, but for vaping that's too wet so the first few pulls won't be extracting vapour, they'll just be drying the herb to a useable temp. If you don't use any humidity packs at all and your flower is all dried out, you might start pulling clouds at a lower temp because there's not enough moisture to support the temperature.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8341 posts
1964 upvotes
@Password
+1 for USB-C
Everything portable requiring charge should be using that standard these days, including iPhones. It's why I down vote some wireless headsets/portable speakers deals on here.
After a few years, it's normal for the battery to only hold about 70% charge
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20269 posts
5730 upvotes
GTA
Great price! I too am curious if they'll do something new with their vapes. USBC is great. A different type of screen would be preferable, or maybe something more durable.

I have a Solo 1, about 7 years old and doing well. Replaced battery. Body is cracked, the plastic base but still good.

My air 2 also is amazing but the OLED screen somehow cracked without being dropped (the body is perfect condition), no idea how it happened. Unfortunately there is no replacement part except to buy a new one. I did a bit of research and it seems common enough.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6261 posts
2542 upvotes
Canuckland
coriolis wrote: Great price! I too am curious if they'll do something new with their vapes. USBC is great. A different type of screen would be preferable, or maybe something more durable.

I have a Solo 1, about 7 years old and doing well. Replaced battery. Body is cracked, the plastic base but still good.

My air 2 also is amazing but the OLED screen somehow cracked without being dropped (the body is perfect condition), no idea how it happened. Unfortunately there is no replacement part except to buy a new one. I did a bit of research and it seems common enough.
So do I! Wished they just switched to USB C but I bet it’ll come at a big markup. I don’t find the battery size an issue as I always vape alone, definitely become a problem if doing this socially.

How hard was it to replace the battery?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3311 posts
1940 upvotes
West Coast
I have the ArGo and really like it. Not the size or power of the Solo 2, but it's super portable and the ability to swap out batteries is awesome.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers