92 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

Free box of Japanese croissants | BOGO | Toronto

Deal Link:
Expiry:
November 15, 2020
Retailer:
Hazukido
Taiwanese viennoiserie Hazukido is opening their first location in North America at The Atrium (595 Bay Street) in Toronto on November 11. The first 30 customers will receive a free box of 6 croissants if they order through the mobile app and the next 60 customers are eligible for a buy-one-get-one-free promo in store only. I think this applies to every day between November 11 and 15 (i.e. the first 30 customers on each day will get a free box of croissants).
Last edited by thorium on Nov 5th, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
44 replies
[OP]
Dec 31, 2016
21 posts
92 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I'll edit the OP.
Jan 1, 2015
703 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Toronto loves lining up. Someone take pics of how the lineup is :D and how socially distanced they are between eachother.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6614 posts
5353 upvotes
Sounds like a stupid promo under a pandemic.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11926 posts
1714 upvotes
Toronto
It's not free. It's BOGO.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5351 posts
1080 upvotes
Toronto
I like croissants and will check out sometime. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1688 posts
1222 upvotes
AB
Thumbs up because the website looks very appetizing
Nov 22, 2019
304 posts
258 upvotes
Can I expect all of RFD to be there on opening day ?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9943 posts
4610 upvotes
Toronto
I think free box of croissants if only you buy something
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6614 posts
5353 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: I think free box of croissants if only you buy something
Free 30 - Redeem thru mobile app (1 per customer)
Next 60 - BOGO free (while supply lasts.)

There is 0 verbiage about needing to buy something to get the free box.

IMO, this promo is about creating foot traffic which as we battle rise of 2nd wave, pretty stupid generating a crowd and potential conflict since an app is involved and some grandma is gonna be pissed.
Last edited by Xtrema on Nov 5th, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1500 posts
539 upvotes
Grand opening during a Pandemic, their Coissants look great, hope they survive. Hope it's a huge chain from Taiwan with money to burn, that is the only way this move isn't completely insane
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6614 posts
5353 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: Grand opening during a Pandemic, their Coissants look great, hope they survive. Hope it's a huge chain from Taiwan with money to burn, that is the only way this move isn't completely insane
Like many franchises out of Asia, there ain't much support if you can't make a go of it. These ain't corporate stores like Starbuck.

I think we will see more of these businesses starting as job market get decimated by COVID. So there will be a portion of jobless that have even capital to give it a go.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3410 posts
176 upvotes
How much much are they? I don't care for lines and free stuff, but would always want to try something good.

I didn't actually notice this store in Taiwan, but I was probably too busy with the night markets and bubble teas.
The RFD Doctrine
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6721 posts
6805 upvotes
Richmond Hill
FrugalConsumer wrote: Toronto loves lining up. Someone take pics of how the lineup is :D and how socially distanced they are between eachother.
I got you covered - gonna pop into the office at the atrium next week
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Sep 8, 2020
66 posts
8 upvotes
Doubt rushing for a line at this time is a good idea, but will check it out when it is open. Cherry Bomb is a bit too far from dt for good croissants.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5351 posts
1080 upvotes
Toronto
bobclair wrote: Can I expect all of RFD to be there on opening day ?
Not me. I'll just go there if I'm in the area and remember about this place
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9943 posts
4610 upvotes
Toronto
Xtrema wrote: Free 30 - Redeem thru mobile app (1 per customer)
Next 60 - BOGO free (while supply lasts.)

There is 0 verbiage about needing to buy something to get the free box.

IMO, this promo is about creating foot traffic which as we battle rise of 2nd wave, pretty stupid generating a crowd and potential conflict since an app is involved and some grandma is gonna be pissed.
It does mention customer so it is kind of ambiguous though it is great is that was indeed not the case.. I remember a food business got a lot of shit for mandating that it is paying customer only on their social media ;)
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Sep 9, 2018
312 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
Blunt wrote: How much much are they? I don't care for lines and free stuff, but would always want to try something good.
I would guess $2.50-$3.50 each based on Asia prices. I buy a box of 204 for $60 from Costco Business Center.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6614 posts
5353 upvotes
SuperNaut wrote: I would guess $2.50-$3.50 each based on Asia prices. I buy a box of 204 for $60 from Costco Business Center.
I can't see them surviving charging less than $3. They may get under $3 if buying in bulk (6 or 12).

Shitty Starbucks danish/crossiant is already over $3.