Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3860 posts
1713 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Free - HBO - During Covid-19 Pandemic - US VPN required

Retailer:
HBO
HBO is unlocking its biggest trove of free programming ever — in a goodwill gesture as people look for a diversion during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The WarnerMedia-owned premium cabler is making almost 500 hours of programming available to stream for free for a limited time on HBO Now and HBO Go services without a subscription, starting this Friday, April 3.

EDIT:
As per @thefeebster - HBO GO is available via VPN - Thank You!

- Enjoy
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 3rd, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: updated title
192 replies
Oct 9, 2019
79 posts
96 upvotes
Victoria, BC
HBO GO is only supported in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories.
Jan 21, 2013
525 posts
113 upvotes
in a bubble
Beginning Friday, April 3, HBO is making 500 hours of programming free for U.S. viewers. :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1193 posts
619 upvotes
Calgary
No one will be able to use HBO go or now here in Canada. Wrong forum.
Jan 12, 2008
982 posts
313 upvotes
Vancouver
Well, i just tried with my VPN (Pia) and HBO Go works. A lot of us on this forum use VPNs, based on the deal threads.
Sep 13, 2011
641 posts
364 upvotes
ANJOU
ibuddler wrote: No one will be able to use HBO go or now here in Canada. Wrong forum.
Thoses with VPN can.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2492 posts
1487 upvotes
GVRD
I wonder if they have a black list of known IPs like Netflix and Amazon.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1618 posts
1095 upvotes
Mississauga
been watching hbogo for many many years. there are ways around everything.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13835 posts
14348 upvotes
Oakville
dgr81 wrote: been watching hbogo for many many years. there are ways around everything.
Why not just skip straight to torrenting? Even cheaper with no VPN costs.
Nov 4, 2009
218 posts
131 upvotes
Calgary
ibuddler wrote: No one will be able to use HBO go or now here in Canada. Wrong forum.
VPN's are pretty common nowadays and a bunch even work with services that try and IP block. I have used PIA with netflix for about 2 years by simply switching location when they block one.

By your logic of saying this doesn't belong, wouldn't any deal in Calgary then deserve the same treatment for the base of users in Toronto who are unable to get the deal? Those who have a VPN can get this deal. Those who live in a specific region can get other deals.
Aug 25, 2012
162 posts
230 upvotes
VANCOUVER
How to sign up? Any direct links? I checked HBO and it’s asking me to subscribe for 14 days free only...
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Dec 31, 2005
262 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
engineered wrote: Why not just skip straight to torrenting? Even cheaper with no VPN costs.
Don't those copyright infringement warning emails get annoying tho'?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8266 posts
8612 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
frozatio wrote: How to sign up? Any direct links? I checked HBO and it’s asking me to subscribe for 14 days free only...
Turn on your VPN, then try here.... https://play.hbonow.com/page/urn:hbo:page:home

Seems like it’s only 9 series available for free from what I can see but if any of those interest you it could make for some binge watching....
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4737 posts
1268 upvotes
No Game of Thrones, though, in case anyone is wondering