Entertainment

HBO House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel season 1 finale October 23 2022 -- season 2 ordered)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2024 11:44 am
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17438 posts
12791 upvotes
Toronto

HBO House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel season 1 finale October 23 2022 -- season 2 ordered)

First casting for highly anticipated franchise extension

https://tvline.com/2018/10/30/naomi-wat ... ilot-cast/

IIRC Sean Bean was the "star" when the current show began
Last edited by jenviea on Aug 26th, 2022 11:30 am, edited 6 times in total.
302 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7908 upvotes
Global Village
The untitled drama, picked up to pilot in June, is set thousands of years before the events of the HBO flagship. The drama chronicles the world's descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. A logline from the network teased the plot without divulging any specifics: "Only one thing is for sure: From the horrifying secrets of Westeros' history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend — it's not the story we think we know."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... bo-1155246
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17438 posts
12791 upvotes
Toronto
io9 related a couple of alleged set tweets

Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7070 posts
3384 upvotes
This actress isn't well liked, unlike her fellow Australian Nicole Kidman.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
1278 posts
592 upvotes
Regina, SK
badOne wrote: This actress isn't well liked, unlike her fellow Australian Nicole Kidman.
I haven't heard about her not being well liked. Maybe it's because Naomi Watts was actually born British, unlike Nicole Kidman.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2014
1362 posts
1791 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Why wouldn't Naomi Watts not be liked ?

I will forever love her for Mulhulland Drive.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7070 posts
3384 upvotes
theXshape wrote: Why wouldn't Naomi Watts not be liked ?

I will forever love her for Mulhulland Drive.
she has been around as long as kidman but isn't remotely as popular. Kidman is an A-lister while Watts is maybe B. Her supposed breakout role was that king kong movie and that didn't do anything for her.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12392 posts
6573 upvotes
Vaughan
badOne wrote: she has been around as long as kidman but isn't remotely as popular. Kidman is an A-lister while Watts is maybe B. Her supposed breakout role was that king kong movie and that didn't do anything for her.
Well not everyone's an A-lister, but doesn't mean they aren't well liked.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8298 upvotes
Toronto
Yikes - at first glance, thought Naomi Watts was dead.
After the final season frothing, can't blame them for not wanting to take risks.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7070 posts
3384 upvotes
The anger at the final 2 seasons and the internal reaction to the test pilot filmed in the summer probably caused the cancellation. HBO is very small and cant afford a big flop.

I think there is a strong chance anything related to GOT wont be green-lit after this.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7908 upvotes
Global Village
jenviea wrote: The spin off starring Naomi Watts will not move forward

https://deadline.com/2019/10/game-of-th ... 202771609/
Wow, so they spent the $10 million to make the pilot already and cancelled the whole show? I guess it didn't have any dragons in it...Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8298 upvotes
Toronto
Matt Smith!!!!!
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket