Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7629 upvotes
Toronto

HBO Max 50% off for 6 Months

Deal Link:
Retailer:
HBO US
So... umm yes this is for those living in the US, visiting the US, wanna share with your ameri friends or know how to get this through other means in Canada,

but right now HBO Max has a deal for 50% off for 6 months, and the deal is til September 26th.

https://thestreamable.com/news/deal-ale ... ercent-off

HBO Max: get-hbo-max-subscription-canadian-guide-2428855/
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 25th, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated url
38 replies
Nov 20, 2019
55 posts
45 upvotes
HBO Max in US is offering Ad-free plan for 50% off for 6 months which will be $7.49/month USD. Requires VPN

Terms and Conditions
Offer valid from September 17, 2021 through September 26, 2021. This offer is ONLY for new and returning HBO Max customers. Offer valid in the U.S. only. Offer available at HBOMax.com and via the following participating subscription provider platforms: Apple, Google, Roku, LG, Microsoft, Sony, and Vizio. Offer may only be redeemed once and cannot be combined with any other promotional or free trial offer for HBO Max. Eligible consumers who take advantage of this promotional offer will get access to the HBO Max Ad-Free monthly plan at a discounted rate of $7.49/mo. (plus applicable tax) for the first 6 months. You can cancel anytime. To sign up, you need a valid method of payment. After your discounted 6-month subscription period, your subscription will auto-renew each month at the then-current subscription price for the HBO Max Ad-Free monthly plan (currently $14.99/mo. plus applicable tax), on a recurring basis, unless you cancel before the renewal. To cancel your subscription, see Subscription in your settings of HBO Max. If you cancel your subscription, you will continue to have access to HBO Max for the remainder of time you have already paid for.
Images
  • DA3C82B7-16B9-4D79-9F11-423DA7AC1BE8.png
Jul 17, 2021
92 posts
185 upvotes
You also need an American credit card, right?

For those interested, you can sideload the APK and use it in tandem with a VPN.
After that, verify your email and then try to play something. It'll ask you to choose a plan.
From there, you'll have the option to get this deal billed through Google Play.

Basically the same idea as Discovery+, but even more tedious.
Nov 15, 2007
166 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
It's easier to just hit the high seas and keep some money in your pocket.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1059 posts
1412 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
karyuudo wrote: It's easier to just hit the high seas and keep some money in your pocket.
Technically it's more illegal as you're actively bypassing a lock (geo-block) where a file download already has it bypassed by someone else.
May 6, 2009
93 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Ruciz wrote: Technically it's more illegal as you're actively bypassing a lock (geo-block) where a file download already has it bypassed by someone else.
That’s like saying I didn’t steal that but the person who did gave it to me for free.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18134 posts
4565 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal. I re-subscribed through my USA Roku account.
Mar 7, 2011
608 posts
459 upvotes
Paris
Very tempted. With the $15 plan, it seems you can get the warner bros movies same time it releases on big screen:

www.androidauthority.com/amp/warner-bro ... s-1186443/

Looking forward to Dune(Oct2021) and Matrix(Dec2021)..

6 months would capture both, not sure yet what 2022 brings..

With several movie goers in the household and new atmos set-up, i’m in!!
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
10315 posts
11924 upvotes
Toronto
kaijujager wrote: Very tempted. With the $15 plan, it seems you can get the warner bros movies same time it releases on big screen:

www.androidauthority.com/amp/warner-bro ... s-1186443/

Looking forward to Dune(Oct2021) and Matrix(Dec2021)..

6 months would capture both, not sure yet what 2022 brings..

With several movie goers in the household and new atmos set-up, i’m in!!
WarnerMedia will be moving away from this model in 2022. Instead, movies earmarked for theatrical release will run in cinemas exclusively for 45 days. Those planned for online release will stay out of theaters with the possible exception for limited runs in select theaters if they are expected to be Oscar contenders as per award show eligibility.

WarnerMedia Announces 10 HBO Max Exclusive Films For 2022
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2791 posts
938 upvotes
If they would allow this Canada it would take out Netflix, crave and all of the traditional cable providers within a year.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1411 posts
888 upvotes
hi-tech wrote: If they would allow this Canada it would take out Netflix, crave and all of the traditional cable providers within a year.
Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1831 posts
554 upvotes
hi-tech wrote: If they would allow this Canada it would take out Netflix, crave and all of the traditional cable providers within a year.
Lol take out netflix?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1059 posts
1412 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Savario wrote: That’s like saying I didn’t steal that but the person who did gave it to me for free.
More that you're still a thief even if you pay for the service, so why bother
Nov 28, 2013
32 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
It didn’t take out netfix in us, who’s would it in Canada?
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2791 posts
938 upvotes
Netflix Canada is in many ways inferior to Netflix U.S. - With Netflix recent price increases, increasingly crappier offerings and subpar sound and video, why would anyone use it over HBO max?
Sep 1, 2016
7 posts
14 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: More that you're still a thief even if you pay for the service, so why bother
Bypassing a geo block is just like cross border shopping, the rights holder still gets paid. Piracy is just theft.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1059 posts
1412 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Wriggler wrote: Bypassing a geo block is just like cross border shopping, the rights holder still gets paid. Piracy is just theft.
No. It's not like that at all. You're technically stealing from the Canadian rights holder who paid for the distribution rights by bypassing HBOs geo-block. Not at all the fallacy you present.
Nov 15, 2007
166 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
I respectfully disagree with this point.
Nov 15, 2007
166 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
Wriggler wrote: Bypassing a geo block is just like cross border shopping, the rights holder still gets paid. Piracy is just piracy.
Fixed.