Entertainment

HBO Westworld III (third season existential robot drama 2020)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2020 4:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3310 posts
768 upvotes
zod wrote: yah, I keep watching it, but I've never enjoyed this show as much as I did in Season 1. I guess I liked the Westworld aspect of Westworld :)
Agreed ! Season 1 just had so much intrigue and mystique to it, not to mention the twist and turns the story takes.

Edit: Maybe a story such as Westworld is better to be made as a limited series so there is a definite end to it from the very beginning. No chance it'll run out its welcome and "jumping the shark"
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2442 posts
1324 upvotes
its been going downhill for a while. for me season 2 had episodes that were barely watchable and did nothing to propel the story line (japanese episode ect). Unless there is a big twist, like the whole "real world" is some other sort of simulation and everyone including the humans are really robot then this season will be a write off. if caleb's "twist' is really the big reveal then I am let down.
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
12994 posts
3311 upvotes
Montréal
Can anyone explain this for me lol? I've been watching this casually and there are too many host characters going on, hard to keep track who's on who's team.

Delores' team:
.Delores
.Caleb (BB's Jesse)
.other African woman host (her 'family' just got blown up)

Serac's team:
.Serac
.Maeve (cuz Serac can reunite her w her daughter/holding her ransom?)

others (what are/were they trying to do?):
.Bernard/Stubbs
.William
.Japanese dude (now dead)...killed by Clementine and other (both also Delores' allies?)
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18705 posts
1993 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote: Can anyone explain this for me lol? I've been watching this casually and there are too many host characters going on, hard to keep track who's on who's team.

Delores' team:
.Delores
.Caleb (BB's Jesse)

Serac's team:
.Serac

others (what are/were they trying to do?):
.Bernard/Stubbs
.William
.Japanese dude (now dead)...killed by Clementine and other (both also Delores' allies?)
- This is Delores Hale who outed Delores Sato/Musashi to Team Maeve. She is also holding on to Delores Connells right now.

- Who brought back Clementine & Hanaryo to kill Delores Sato/Musashi.

- This was Delores Sato/Musashi killed by Maeve's pals

Random thoughts:
- Delores Sato should have seen that coming and prepared. Even unprepared, should have been able to survive it.
- I still don't really get Maeve not going along with Delores instead of teaming up with Serac.
- Delores Hale is now a wild card. Is she just gonna want to blow up everyone?
- There is no way all the threads will tie up in the finale. Way too much happening now.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
12994 posts
3311 upvotes
Montréal
Haz wrote: .other African woman host (her 'family' just got blown up)
- This is Delores Hale who outed Delores Sato/Musashi to Team Maeve. She is also holding on to Delores Connells right now.

- Who brought back Clementine & Hanaryo to kill Delores Sato/Musashi.

- This was Delores Sato/Musashi killed by Maeve's pals

Random thoughts:
- Delores Sato should have seen that coming and prepared. Even unprepared, should have been able to survive it.
- I still don't really get Maeve not going along with Delores instead of teaming up with Serac.
- Delores Hale is now a wild card. Is she just gonna want to blow up everyone?
- There is no way all the threads will tie up in the finale. Way too much happening now.
Tx, now I'm thoroughly confused lol. I did make note of Delores copying herself but why? How many are/were there, 3?

.main Delores
.Delores Hale (blown-up African woman still alive)
.Delores Sato (dead Japanese guy)
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18705 posts
1993 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote: Tx, now I'm thoroughly confused lol. I did make note of Delores copying herself but why? How many are/were there, 3?

.main Delores
.Delores Hale (blown-up African woman still alive)
.Delores Sato (dead Japanese guy)
Original recipe Delores didn't trust anyone but herself hence she copy and pasted herself into at least 3 pearls; Hale, Connells, and Sato. She had 4 pearls in her purse when she left Westworld so where is the last one?
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
12994 posts
3311 upvotes
Montréal
Haz wrote: Original recipe Delores didn't trust anyone but herself hence she copy and pasted herself into at least 3 pearls; Hale, Connells, and Sato. She had 4 pearls in her purse when she left Westworld so where is the last one?
LOL.
Feb 12, 2019
250 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver BC
OT: How to watch this if I don’t have cable? Can you get HBO in Canada?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3310 posts
768 upvotes
There goes Season 3. I am not sure if that was the best way to utilize William/MIB. Not as much of a cliffhanger as the previous seasons. It's beginning to look like the producers have no plans at all past the first 1.5 seasons and no idea where to take the story once it's out of the park :(
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2379 posts
599 upvotes
Ontario
Finally finished it. Not a great finale. This show looks done
Banned
Apr 25, 2020
722 posts
551 upvotes
M1C
webshark wrote: Finally finished it. Not a great finale. This show looks done
WarnerMedia is desperate for content.

"With two episodes left in its truncated third season, HBO announced that its sci-fi adventure Westworld would be renewed for a fourth go-round—and according to other sources, the show may ultimately run as long as six seasons."

from Westworld Gets a Surprising Season Four Renewal
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9367 posts
1517 upvotes
Victoria
I don't get why. It feels like there no real course for this show. The first season was cool with the actual westworld providing the backdrop to the whole story. Now that it's moved into the "real" world it feels more like a knockoff version of a bad terminator movie.

Of course I'll keep watching it hoping it'll get better, but it would be hard to surpass season 1.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13550 posts
4662 upvotes
Ottawa
I like the series in that the production looks expensive/big budget, and some cool ideas about future tech

but yeah, many things were frustrating about it while watching it, hard to feel sympathy for the characters, none are likeable

I always watch Man of Recaps immediately afterwards to make sure I didn't miss anything about the episode.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
12994 posts
3311 upvotes
Montréal
warpdrive wrote: I like the series in that the production looks expensive/big budget, and some cool ideas about future tech

but yeah, many things were frustrating about it while watching it, hard to feel sympathy for the characters, none are likeable

I always watch Man of Recaps immediately afterwards to make sure I didn't miss anything about the episode.
Ya, bingo there. The blondie's supposed to be the protagonist but appears too smug, just like samarai African woman. Then there's bald MIB dude who's ofc not likeable and the new 'villain' Serac, whatevs lol.

Just a mess that should've ended on a high note after s1.