• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2009 8:26 am
[OP]
Dec 6, 2007
55 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Home Depot] HD; 18v Ryobi Compact Drill Kit $50

Was just at the Home Depot in Port Coquitlam, BC and picked up a RYOBI 18v Compact Drill kit for half price. Reg $99.99, now $50.00. Comes with a carrying case, 18v charger, battery, and 1/2 drill. Not sure if this is just local of nationwide.
18 replies
Jan 29, 2005
795 posts
190 upvotes
Winnipeg
colinl wrote: Was just at the Home Depot in Port Coquitlam, BC and picked up a RYOBI 18v Compact Drill kit for half price. Reg $99.99, now $50.00. Comes with a carrying case, 18v charger, battery, and 1/2 drill. Not sure if this is just local of nationwide.
was it the yellow one or the blue?
[OP]
Dec 6, 2007
55 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
This is the blue one. It is the NiCd model.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1336 posts
156 upvotes
12v li-ion pack is $40 now, it has one drill, two batteries, and one charger.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
1062 posts
350 upvotes
sz1999 wrote: 12v li-ion pack is $40 now, it has one drill, two batteries, and one charger.
I need to replace my 18V Craftsman, any idea what the Li ion price is for 18V?
If I'm gonna replace I figure I'll upgrade to li ion ..
(preferably anything that comes with the impact driver :-) )
[OP]
Dec 6, 2007
55 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Lith Ion is $179. You can use the Lith Ion battery in this unit if you switch.
Dec 31, 2006
386 posts
11 upvotes
Greater Tarana Area
sz1999 wrote: 12v li-ion pack is $40 now, it has one drill, two batteries, and one charger.
YMMV, I was just in HD and it scanned in at 99.99... had no idea of any clearance on this item.
Up to 100% OFF
Apr 6, 2009
127 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa
mason wrote: YMMV, I was just in HD and it scanned in at 99.99... had no idea of any clearance on this item.
Same thing here in Ottawa :(
Dec 6, 2003
608 posts
206 upvotes
Ottawa
On a related note I picked up a Ryobi One+ package that had an 18V ni-cad Hammer Drill as well as a recipricating saw at Home Depot. It was on for $79. I already had a One+ tool kit but it only had a single battery so I was looking to buy a second one anyways and I had been looking for a recipricating saw so this worked out really well.
Jan 26, 2005
806 posts
115 upvotes
Hd I was at today, had 2 different items, one a $99 (Lion Impact drill) and one at $50 (the non impact version). The chuck looks very different for them booth. Unfortunelty they were sold out of the $50 one, but had plenty of the $99 dollar one.
Was also told that they were coded internally as Clearance and not Exit, so apparently there is a possibility that some stores may get more in.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3817 posts
108 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Keithsindiapaleale wrote: Hd I was at today, had 2 different items, one a $99 (Lion Impact drill) and one at $50 (the non impact version). The chuck looks very different for them booth. Unfortunelty they were sold out of the $50 one, but had plenty of the $99 dollar one.
Was also told that they were coded internally as Clearance and not Exit, so apparently there is a possibility that some stores may get more in.
OP's post clearly states 18v. Both the ones you have listed at 12v guns. neither of the ones you mentioned are hot. More than likely, those are regular prices.

*edit* Upon reading the thread, seems the discussion has gone to 12v guns. Whole different ball game. 12v is fine for driving screws in with an impact, but makes for a weak regular drill.

If all you need is something to occasionaly drive screws, 12v impact is the gun for you. $50 would be a fair price for such a product IMHO.
Jan 26, 2005
806 posts
115 upvotes
ShaTR wrote: OP's post clearly states 18v. Both the ones you have listed at 12v guns. neither of the ones you mentioned are hot. More than likely, those are regular prices.

*edit* Upon reading the thread, seems the discussion has gone to 12v guns. Whole different ball game. 12v is fine for driving screws in with an impact, but makes for a weak regular drill.

If all you need is something to occasionaly drive screws, 12v impact is the gun for you. $50 would be a fair price for such a product IMHO.
I misread the OP also, but the 12v was half price of $99 so I just guessed it was it. There were no 18v in my area for that price.
I will get a scan of one tomorrow to be sure.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1829 posts
1705 upvotes
Calgary
About a half dozen of the 18V ones (same as the OP with carry case) at Beacon Hill in Calgary, at the front of the tool section with a big $50 sign above them.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
2185 posts
59 upvotes
Calgary
goflamesgo wrote: About a half dozen of the 18V ones (same as the OP with carry case) at Beacon Hill in Calgary, at the front of the tool section with a big $50 sign above them.
Nice, I need a new drill.... I'll check at the home depot on 16th ave tomorrow.
MY HEATWARE - Available upon request
MY EBAY - Available upon request
Mar 18, 2008
42 posts
1 upvote
Thanks OP. I have a set of the 18v one+ tools, and for basic home stuff they are great. Not industrial strength or anything, but handy to have.
Dec 22, 2001
888 posts
160 upvotes
Anyone see this in MTL? I've been looking for a good compact drill

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)