Expired Hot Deals

HD, 20% off Ridgid tools (July 15 - 18); Dewalt truckload event 15% off (read below)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2010 3:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2008
1152 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto

HD, 20% off Ridgid tools (July 15 - 18); Dewalt truckload event 15% off (read below)

It doesnt' show on the HD website yet, but starts on thursday and ends on sunday.

Those who bought ridgid stuff recently can go back with their receipt and get their refund aswell

$ 99 drill is now $ 80 (great deal)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: July 12th

HD at Ottawa (South) will be having a dewalt truckload event on friday, july 16th...saw the flyer in store.

You can buy anything dewalt with 15% off all day and there'll be a dewalt truck there with some competition (fastest time in drilling or sawing..not sure)...with a chance to win all inclusive trip to UFC.

The truck will be there 10 - 2, but the 15% off is all day.

This is going on at all HD's in Ontario (saw it in Toronto, last week)....but the days are different.
122 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2007
3530 posts
594 upvotes
sindh1963 wrote: It doesnt' show on the HD website yet, but starts on thursday and ends on sunday.

Those who bought ridgid stuff recently can go back with their receipt and get their refund aswell

$ 99 drill is now $ 80 (great deal)
Do you know if it's anything in the Ridgid brand or strictly drills/hand tools? Wife got me a Ridgid Shop Vac the other week and would take it back for a refund if applicable...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2008
1152 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
nufan wrote: Do you know if it's anything in the Ridgid brand or strictly drills/hand tools? Wife got me a Ridgid Shop Vac the other week and would take it back for a refund if applicable...
I'm not sure about vacums, from experience probablly not...it'll just be on tools (power, stationary, etc)
gizzmo_jr wrote: hopes for the Ridgid $399 pack to go on sale
It'll be 20% off
Nov 19, 2007
357 posts
118 upvotes
Ottawa
Excellent, I bought that $99 drill and the $499 5 piece combo pack with bonus radio and extra battery.

$120 + tax = $135.60 refund!!!! Thanks OP.
Nov 29, 2007
12 posts
Calgary
Awesome! Bought the 799.00 granite table saw at the new lower price of 599.00 and a hundred dollar MIR at the end of June. Will go for the price match now and save another 120.00!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2008
1152 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
Got a flyer from local HD today with stuff that was on it (they were promoting)

Here's the list: Sku, Item name, Original price, Sale price

1. 669-204, 10" Wet tile saw with exactline laser, 799, 639
2. 668-689, 5-Piece combo kit with bonus radio and extra battery, 599, 479
3. 668-688, 18V Compact drill/mini recip, 249, 199
4. 534-294, 10" portable table saw, 369, 295
5. 155-721, 10" jobsite table saw, 499, 399

There's 3 more pages, i'll try and find a scanner and have them up by tommorrow if possible.

The one in red are really hot deals in my opinion, the portable table saw used to be 399
Feb 2, 2004
332 posts
19 upvotes
Pretty sure that portable table saw is only $249 right now, so how would this be a good deal if it's already cheaper than the sale price? Is HD playing around with the numbers here?

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stor ... PartNumber

sindh1963 wrote: Got a flyer from local HD today with stuff that was on it (they were promoting)

Here's the list: Sku, Item name, Original price, Sale price

1. 669-204, 10" Wet tile saw with exactline laser, 799, 639
2. 668-689, 5-Piece combo kit with bonus radio and extra battery, 599, 479
3. 668-688, 18V Compact drill/mini recip, 249, 199
4. 534-294, 10" portable table saw, 369, 295
5. 155-721, 10" jobsite table saw, 499, 399

There's 3 more pages, i'll try and find a scanner and have them up by tommorrow if possible.

The one in red are really hot deals in my opinion, the portable table saw used to be 399
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2440 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Should I bring in the receipt for the drill that I bought 2 weeks ago for a price adjustment or should I bring the drill and receipt for a full refund and then buy it back again? thanks,
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2008
1152 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
tal65 wrote: Pretty sure that portable table saw is only $249 right now, so how would this be a good deal if it's already cheaper than the sale price? Is HD playing around with the numbers here?

Its on clearance; the flyer i think is based on the actual price. If you bought one or can get one the price is 249 and then go back on thursday and get 20% back which would make it $ 200 (which is hot)...sorry i should have explained better.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2008
1152 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
visionqueen wrote: Should I bring in the receipt for the drill that I bought 2 weeks ago for a price adjustment or should I bring the drill and receipt for a full refund and then buy it back again? thanks,
U just need the receipt from my past experience.
Dec 26, 2008
346 posts
182 upvotes
Ottawa
sindh1963 wrote: Its on clearance; the flyer i think is based on the actual price. If you bought one or can get one the price is 249 and then go back on thursday and get 20% back which would make it $ 200 (which is hot)...sorry i should have explained better.
How could you get 20% back cuz the 249 is cheaper than the current sales price?
Sep 11, 2007
266 posts
3 upvotes
Newmarket
They have a multi tool which is good for cutting in tight spaces
Normally $99 now $79.

Compact Head Profile – for reaching into tight spaces
Multi-Tool Head: Plunge Cuts Sanding
4 Directional Head Positions – adjustable for better access in tight spaces
Tool-Free Quick Connect Interface – easily attach and detach the right head for the right application
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2008
1152 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
jeffsentra wrote: I am not sure if this has been posted (I searched couldn't find anything)

HD as all rigid tools 20% off... a pretty good deal if you are in the market.
They have a multi tool which is good for cutting in tight spaces
Normally $99 now $79.

Compact Head Profile – for reaching into tight spaces
Multi-Tool Head: Plunge Cuts Sanding
4 Directional Head Positions – adjustable for better access in tight spaces
Tool-Free Quick Connect Interface – easily attach and detach the right head for the right application
Tried one, didn't like it too much to be honest. I'd rather go with dremel multimax (although its not cordless). This only comes with one battery, but the plus side is that u can attach different heads (Extra 40 bucks for each)...and do hammering etc...but for that price u can also get cool attachments for multimax.

Ridgid has a lifetime warranty, which is good for battery but the repair folks can take a while at times...whereas the dremel is great in that its over the counter warranty at Home depot..just take it there with the receipt and they replace it...(2 years for multimax i think)..

Pros and cons i suppose :confused:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2008
1152 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
Also forgot the mention that the HD at Ottawa (South keys) will be having a dewalt truckload event on friday, july 16th...saw the flyer in store.

You can buy anything dewalt with 15% off all day and there'll be a dewalt truck there with some competition (fastest time in drilling or sawing..not sure)...with a chance to win all inclusive trip to UFC.

The truck will be there 10 - 2, but the 15% off is all day.

This is going on at all HD's in Ontario (saw it in Toronto, last week)....but the days are different.
Feb 2, 2004
332 posts
19 upvotes
sindh1963 wrote: Its on clearance; the flyer i think is based on the actual price. If you bought one or can get one the price is 249 and then go back on thursday and get 20% back which would make it $ 200 (which is hot)...sorry i should have explained better.
Pretty sure they are not going to let you do that. If you go in they'll probably give you 20% off the current price, not 20% off the price on your receipt.
Sep 11, 2007
266 posts
3 upvotes
Newmarket
sindh1963 wrote: It doesnt' show on the HD website yet, but starts on thursday and ends on sunday.

$ 99 drill is now $ 80 (great deal).
I went to the HD in Parry sound and the $99 special buy drills were still $99.
No further discount on these!!

Has anyone found that the 20% off applies to this drill?
Nov 27, 2006
70 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Problem with returning with the receipt is that I believe you had to mail out the original one along with the UPC for the lifetime warranty. And on the duplicate reciept they provide it says not valid for returns. Anyone know??