• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2013 3:03 pm
[OP]
Nov 19, 2007
357 posts
118 upvotes
Ottawa

HD Canada Ridgid 12" SCMS with Folding stand $399.99

I did a quick search and did not see this posted yet.

Home Depot dropped the price of their 12" sliding dual compound miter saw from $499 to $399 two weeks ago.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/12-in-s ... ser/906099

Now from October 31 - November 6, they are including the Ridgid rolling folding miter saw stand ($199.99 value) for free with the purchase of the saw.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/mitre-s ... cle/917619

To compare to Dewalt ($699.99) and Milwaukee ($599) both including stands but they are $200 and $300 more.

Also, Ridgid provies a lifetime warranty on their tools.

I picked one up today and this thing looks awesome.

Can't wait to use it.
13 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16894 posts
1739 upvotes
Thornhill
WOW. So damn cheap....!

New model must be coming out, but it really doesn't matter...

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Mar 29, 2007
78 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP picked one up looks good for our winter trim and baseboard replacement project
Sep 3, 2007
635 posts
63 upvotes
Aurora
Nice deal.
I wish I had the budget and need, I still want it though.
[OP]
Nov 19, 2007
357 posts
118 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah this is a sweet deal. Still have yet to set mine up but I know I am going to love it compared to my Kind Canada 10" Costco special.
Apr 18, 2010
194 posts
38 upvotes
These really are nice saws. I have both the saw and the stand and I'm very happy with it.
Keep in mind that this stand is kinda bulky and both the stand and saw are quite heavy!
The wheel base on the stand is quite large as well, it just gets through a door, so If you plan on wheeling this in and out of your house constantly then your going to beat the crap out of your doors. That being said, the stands free, so spend some money you saved on touch up paint!
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1838 posts
1007 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Nice timing. Just got off the phone with my father in law who is using my Hasuman (Rona) 12" sliding CMS.. he says it's junk, and I know it... time to upgrade to a Ridgid! :) Thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1838 posts
1007 upvotes
Kanata, ON
you said dewalt and milwaukee also come with free stands? what about the Bosch with the articulating arm?
[OP]
Nov 19, 2007
357 posts
118 upvotes
Ottawa
Unfortunately not the Bosch :( Otherwise I would have considered that one.

Ridgid is by far the best stand (aside from the Bosch zero gravity) and the lowest price.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1838 posts
1007 upvotes
Kanata, ON
just got back from HD... I just had to play with the saw. I'm quite impressed by it's overall build. It weighs alot, and is larger than the average SCMS, but for me this is good as I'm into woodworking - I feel the larger table will be a benefit. The latch to hold down the saw while not in use seemed a bit flimsy, and the location of the dust port was quite high. I'd probably consider a split dust collection system with one line running to the port, and another flared out behind the work surface. Reviews seem generally positive, with many commenting on a 2-3 second start-up time. One other person commented that the sliders don't track perfectly, so your cuts may be out by 1/8" when using the slider. Best bet is to adjust everything out of the box to make sure everything lines up.

Sale ends tomorrow. CSR said they had the free Bosch stand promotion last Christmas, so he said if you wait a few weeks they might do the same, but it's not guaranteed. He said they don't stock the Bosch stand, only special order.

I may pick it up, seems like a good deal. You also have 90 days to return it. I asked the CSR if it had to be new in box to return within 90 days, he said "no, you can take it out and use it".
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1815 posts
609 upvotes
Edmonton
Damn if I didn't have a dewalt already.... I really love the stand though. My stand is ridiculous

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Apr 18, 2010
194 posts
38 upvotes
MarvinMartian wrote: just got back from HD... I just had to play with the saw. I'm quite impressed by it's overall build. It weighs alot, and is larger than the average SCMS, but for me this is good as I'm into woodworking - I feel the larger table will be a benefit. The latch to hold down the saw while not in use seemed a bit flimsy, and the location of the dust port was quite high. I'd probably consider a split dust collection system with one line running to the port, and another flared out behind the work surface. Reviews seem generally positive, with many commenting on a 2-3 second start-up time. One other person commented that the sliders don't track perfectly, so your cuts may be out by 1/8" when using the slider. Best bet is to adjust everything out of the box to make sure everything lines up.

Sale ends tomorrow. CSR said they had the free Bosch stand promotion last Christmas, so he said if you wait a few weeks they might do the same, but it's not guaranteed. He said they don't stock the Bosch stand, only special order.

I may pick it up, seems like a good deal. You also have 90 days to return it. I asked the CSR if it had to be new in box to return within 90 days, he said "no, you can take it out and use it".
Oh yes, I forgot about the dust collection. It is garbage! I have a shopvac hooked up at all times and it still makes a mess. It is really my only complaint (and it doesn't really bother me too much) Other then that, everything else is really solid and has been working better then expected.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1838 posts
1007 upvotes
Kanata, ON
hipditch wrote: Oh yes, I forgot about the dust collection. It is garbage! I have a shopvac hooked up at all times and it still makes a mess. It is really my only complaint (and it doesn't really bother me too much) Other then that, everything else is really solid and has been working better then expected.
since you've used this saw, can you comment anything about the tracking of the slider? can it be off by up to 1/8"? or is the precision of the saw pretty dead on? not sure what you use the saw for, but maybe this doesn't matter to you and you haven't noticed. Is it worth waiting for a sale on a bosch or dewalt?