Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

LED Bulb 60W eq Philips 2700K & 5000K $1.49 with tax [Ontario], $3.97 elsewhere

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2016 1:22 pm
Tags:
Sep 14, 2003
50 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
UTSC wrote: This is Philips LED - and should NOT be confused with a Dollar store LED. Philips is a global leader in lighting.

Are you sure you're not smoking anything?
I agree with UTSC. How did you figure out this is a low quality bulb? This is good/if not better than most led bulbs out there in the market. The design is to help distribute the heat better, making it a longer lasting bulb.

It has a 25K hours stated lifetime. Does the comparable bulbs with same price (if you can find them) have the same hours?
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32149 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
HugsNotDrugs wrote: Low quality bulb. If you're happy with whatever then you'll do fine.
I'm not a fan of the disc style but they are Philips bulbs with a 3 year warranty and 25k rated life. Plus for $1.49 your not losing much if one of them fails.
nexus10230 wrote: Can these coupons be used with items that are already on sale?
Yes
LowBallin wrote: The 5000k is a bright white (daylight) colour. Doesn't seem to be on sale though...

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.led- ... 26958.html
Thats a different style of bulb, the slimstyle is the same price, i bought one in 5000k for the same price. However its not shown on the website, hence i provided the sku so you can ask them to look up stock numbers on their computer.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
2116 posts
1137 upvotes
tablo13 wrote: Why? Do you recommend any other LED bulbs?
Invisible high-frequency flicker. Poor CRI.

It's actually quite difficult to find a good bulb. Search for flicker-free and a CRI of 90+.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
2116 posts
1137 upvotes
smartinvestor wrote: I agree with UTSC. How did you figure out this is a low quality bulb? This is good/if not better than most led bulbs out there in the market. The design is to help distribute the heat better, making it a longer lasting bulb.

It has a 25K hours stated lifetime. Does the comparable bulbs with same price (if you can find them) have the same hours?
If you investigate the bulb a bit you'll find that it's garbage. It fails every metric. It's obvious you're not basing your opinion on anything but your gut feeling.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
2116 posts
1137 upvotes
yoshi838 wrote: I generally agree with you, but not for this particular SlimType model.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDp3fVN_hZI Go to about 0'35"

I can imagine the dark stripe area can be annoying.

Also, for those who does not need the dimmable, go for the 8W/8.5W model. No reason to pay for the extra 2W.
And 1:42.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2248 posts
908 upvotes
Edmonton
HugsNotDrugs wrote: Invisible high-frequency flicker. Poor CRI.

It's actually quite difficult to find a good bulb. Search for flicker-free and a CRI of 90+.
Yeah, CRI of 90+ is definitely hard to find. I have the Philips LED bulb (not SlimStyle) and they don't flicker, but the CRI is only 80 like most LED bulbs.

Besides, the SlimStyle sale is a cold deal. The past few months I've checked, they were priced at $4.97.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
runeash wrote: Do they have white color light, their day or soft white seemed end yellowish
Yea, they are a bit too yellow for my preference, but my wife like that warm colour.
They're kind of weird looking, which I don't mind but my wife hates (she hates the CF helix bulbs too). I mainly use them in covered dimmable fixtures.
tablo13 wrote: Besides, the SlimStyle sale is a cold deal. The past few months I've checked, they were priced at $4.97.
What makes you think it's cold? It's clearly listed at $3.97 online. Anyhow, it's still a good price with the $3 rebate.

They do come in packs of 3, but with the rebates it's still cheaper to buy individually.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2248 posts
908 upvotes
Edmonton
jabela wrote: What makes you think it's cold? It's clearly listed at $3.97 online. Anyhow, it's still a good price with the $3 rebate.

They do come in packs of 3, but with the rebates it's still cheaper to buy individually.
Meant to say that they're $3.97 now, when they were $4.97 before. That's like 20% off.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
tablo13 wrote: Meant to say that they're $3.97 now, when they were $4.97 before. That's like 20% off.
I see, no prob. Yea, they've been $4.97 for a while.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Feb 27, 2011
901 posts
553 upvotes
Regina
Bought a bunch of these weeks ago in Regina at $1.97 (after $3 SaskPower instant Rebate). They are bright and I see no problem with them. Bought the soft white.
--------------------------------------------------
"PC LOAD LETTER!!. What the **** does that mean?"
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
1107 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
These are good bulbs. I just bought a few at the vaughan location. Maybe 45 to 50 left.
i5 2500k - 24GB corsair vengeance - Gigabyte z68a - 500gig m5 - 1tb WD Black - 1070 ti - Coolermaster EVO 212 - 600w Seasonic

heat under sparco
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1003 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
Thanks OP

Had a bunch in Aurora. Got five.
Aug 16, 2015
408 posts
123 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Have these all around my house, pretty bright and good price however I'd personally prefer something more brighter.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2712 posts
678 upvotes
Burlington
Replaced all the incandescent bulbs inside and out with these during the last HD sale. I've been very pleased.
In small spaces they seem to be closer to 100W equivalent (i.e. bathroom vanity)
Where I needed brighter/larger area (i.e. Garage), I bought a Y adapter and installed 2 in one socket.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Jun 3, 2016
275 posts
148 upvotes
Ajax Ont.
I have been using these bulbs for more than two years they are installed on every socket in my house except washrooms and not a single one has gone out, they are very bright the 27000k will be a little yellowish but 5000k will be white and bright. I don't know why people are saying these are low quality you really got to provide more detail of what makes you give out that statement
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3875 posts
5398 upvotes
Oakville
I have 65 of these bulbs since last sale and they are superb quality and very bright. They are more bright than 60 Watt and less bright than 100watt.

Very good at $2.5 a bulb when most of us Got it. At $1.5 you'd be foolish not to get these.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1254 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
So, can anybody pls confirm before I go out and get them: 2700 are more yellowish and the 5000 produce white light?? I prefer the white light over yellow... TIA.
May 12, 2014
227 posts
86 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Jaegerjaque wrote: I have been using these bulbs for more than two years they are installed on every socket in my house except washrooms and not a single one has gone out, they are very bright the 27000k will be a little yellowish but 5000k will be white and bright. I don't know why people are saying these are low quality you really got to provide more detail of what makes you give out that statement
Why not washrooms? Sorry, just askin...
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1628 posts
1988 upvotes
kayceedee wrote: So, can anybody pls confirm before I go out and get them: 2700 are more yellowish and the 5000 produce white light?? I prefer the white light over yellow... TIA.
The box shows you the colour and states it as well. You can always ask an associate to help.