Expired Hot Deals

[HD Supply] Bosch 18V Li-Ion Cordless Brushless Drill & Impact Driver Combo Kit with 2 Batteries & Charger $270

[OP]
Jun 5, 2009
239 posts
491 upvotes
Vancouver

Bosch 18V Li-Ion Cordless Brushless Drill & Impact Driver Combo Kit with 2 Batteries & Charger $270

Deal Link:
Price:
$270
Expiry:
September 1, 2018
Retailer:
HD Supply
Bosch 18V Li-Ion Cordless Brushless Drill & Impact Driver Combo Kit with 2 Batteries & Charger $270
Model # CLPK251-181

Includes:

(1) HDS183 18V EC Brushless Compact Tough™ 1/2 In. Hammer Drill/Driver
(1) IDH182 18V EC Brushless 1/4 In. and 1/2 In. Socket-Ready Impact Driver
(2) BAT620 18V Lithium-Ion FatPack Batteries
(1) BC1880 18V Fast Charger
(1) Magnetic Bit Holder
(1) 4x Bit Holder
(4) Bit Tips
(2) Belt Clips
(1) Carrying Bag

***Was able to PM at HD (Store SKU # 1001070425) to bring down to $243 which seems to be a pretty good price point on this set. KMS is selling it for $340 in their latest flyer.
Images
  • shopping.jpg
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2420 posts
1018 upvotes
West Coast
RIDGID GEN5X 18-Volt Brushless Cordless Hammer Drill / 3-Speed Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool) for 249: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.gen5 ... 76815.html

RIDGID 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Combo Kit w/ (2) Batteries for 198: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.18-v ... 72142.html

I'm sorry OP, but the above sets are comparable (or better IMO) and also come with the lifetime service agreement. Just one or two replaced sets of batteries over their lifespan covers the kit cost. Think there are better options for those looking to get this range of power tools. Thank you for taking the time to post mind you, thumbs up for that.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
[OP]
Jun 5, 2009
239 posts
491 upvotes
Vancouver
Richfields wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 1:09 am
RIDGID GEN5X 18-Volt Brushless Cordless Hammer Drill / 3-Speed Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool) for 249: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.gen5 ... 76815.html

RIDGID 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Combo Kit w/ (2) Batteries for 198: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.18-v ... 72142.html

I'm sorry OP, but the above sets are comparable (or better IMO) and also come with the lifetime service agreement. Just one or two replaced sets of batteries over their lifespan covers the kit cost. Think there are better options for those looking to get this range of power tools. Thank you for taking the time to post mind you, thumbs up for that.
Sorry, I wouldn't even consider Rigid cordless tools as comparable, as they are essentially Milwaukee "light". Home-gamer use sure, but I've yet to see any professional using them on a job site. Your opinion is noted, however, I think people can decide for themselves.
Nov 13, 2017
24 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks! I'll grab one tomorrow
Nov 12, 2012
579 posts
215 upvotes
Calgary
If I didn't already have the same tools in a slightly different kit, I'd be all over this.
Nov 17, 2012
395 posts
132 upvotes
Le Gardeur
ToolHound wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 1:35 am
Sorry, I wouldn't even consider Rigid cordless tools as comparable, as they are essentially Milwaukee "light". Home-gamer use sure, but I've yet to see any professional using them on a job site. Your opinion is noted, however, I think people can decide for themselves.
Ridgid quality in terms of impact driver or drill is really good. I've been using for more then ten years professional series like the Dewalt 36V, etc... and my old 18V Ridgid drill is keeping up, I had a one time issue with it and was covered by the lifetime warranty and this 7 years after initial purchase... My professionnal tools only have 3 years warranty. That said, always depends on the needs, but I can't say it's for "light" use only. I've also seen quite a few electricians and charpenter use Ridgid tools along with other professionnals like AV integrator.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1028 posts
297 upvotes
Hamilton
This is a great deal on this set. I own both from previous deals and the quality is good and the service better. Mind you, outside the drill/driver combos you're going to pay a premium for tools. If you're using these at home but want more tools in your collection the Dewalt line or even the RIgid might be a better choice. I'd like to add the oscillating tool but I haven't seen it for less than $300 for the bare tool. The Dewalt routinely goes on sale for around $100.

Bosch has great tools but if you're buying into the "system" be prepared to pay a premium.
Mar 1, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
ToolHound wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 1:35 am
Ridgid is definitely suitable for professional use. I see them constantly, and own them alongside Dewalt, Makita, Bosch, and Milwaukee tools. I've owned and/or used impacts from all of these brands, used mitre and table saws from all of these brands, and additional power tools such as grinders, oscillating saws, recip saws, grinders, hose/line cutters, cordless nailers, SDS hammer drills, etc etc I can go on. Guess which brand is the only one that's had a complete tool failure? Bosch. Guess which table saws had to be returned as defective? Bosch, and my Skilsaw wormdrive table saw (which was owned by Bosch at the time). I've never had a tool failure from any of the other brands yet after about 5 years of professional trades work. Hell I have an 7-8 year old Ryobi drill that I use in the garage that's been drenched in oil and all kinds of fluids and works great still. Even still, I just think I got unlucky (although the Bosch jobsite saw is known for blade wobble issues and such).

Brand name doesn't matter anymore with these tools. Research each individual tool and never deem an entire brand as too lowly for professional work, cause it just makes you look like a snob and a blind brand follower.

Anyway, the Bosch drills are nice, but the 1/2-1/4" chucker is a mixed bag. If you use sockets a lot and 1/4" bits it's great; if not, it's too bulky for close quarters work compared to the other brands (Dewalt and Milwaukee are better in this regard, and Makita sub compacts are even better if you do cabinetry or really close quarters work). It's a great deal if you think that feature is right for you. Otherwise the Ridgid set is certainly more bang for your buck and most definitely adequate for pro use.