Expired Hot Deals

Garage

HD: YMMV $41 Satin Nickel Electronic Deadbolt Plymouth (Richmond BC)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2013 6:08 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2645 posts
387 upvotes
Nepean

[Garage] HD: YMMV $41 Satin Nickel Electronic Deadbolt Plymouth (Richmond BC)

Was looking to replace some deadbolts and found this one for $41 online at Home Depot. Says in store only. Regular prices seem to be anwhere from $100-$170 for this elsewhere. Interesting thing is if you change your home store to Ottawa say it shows up at $98 but OOS. Toronto is $41 etc... The online stock said there was only 1 left in Richmond but guy found 2 on shelf and priced at $168. Scanned though at $41. So YMMV for stock and price accross Canada. Best to call or check in store and ask them to scan. This is great for my door that lead to my garage so if I need to let someone in I can just give them the code to garage and this keypad. I've been looking for a while and this is the cheapest for a good brand lock. The cheapest I've seen is store brand ones for $100 such as the Defiant one they sell at HD.

Model: 48905 | Store SKU: 1000541909
Satin Nickel Electronic Deadbolt Plymouth
88 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2055 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
Thx OP. I just picked this up at the end of June for my garage door and got it pmed today. I paid $98 for it originally
Feb 16, 2011
37 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks a lot!!! Called around and couldn't find stock, one nice hardware associate said he would look around and call me back. He called back and couldn't find any in the store, but he had an open box one that was similar with a $165 price tag. He marked it to $41 for me so it worked out very well!! Picked it up today and am very happy with it!! Thanks again!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2645 posts
387 upvotes
Nepean
np. As mentioned many times about online and even computer shown stock, they could be wrong. So if convenient in store is your best bet if you're close by. Glad others are getting this.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1457 posts
103 upvotes
Just picked one up from home depot Richmond hill for $34.87 (last one)

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1149 posts
403 upvotes
Victoria
Picked up 3 (was still 1 left) in the Duncan store at $34.87 each. Also found a 114 Huskey socket set priced down to $14.99
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3083 posts
1747 upvotes
Kingston
Price matched two at Rona in Kingston for $80 ish taxes in. Thanks OP.
Feb 7, 2009
33 posts
3 upvotes
Just installed one and it works great - Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1492 posts
349 upvotes
Edmonton
I have a lot of these locks and they are the best keypad locks you can buy at a normal retailer. They don't have the motorized mechanisms that fail if the receiver is slightly misaligned and you can set 19 different codes (I keep a few spare pins programmed in that I can give to utility companies, plumbers etc in emergencies and then delete without consequence). Solid find, I'll buy 1 to keep as a spare if I can find at this price locally. Thanks OP!
You can't steal in slow motion
Nov 11, 2006
571 posts
Also picked one up for $34.87 in satin chrome (it was at the very top of the shelves and an associate brought it down for me)
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3189 posts
1444 upvotes
Lethbridge
Excellent price for an excellent lock.

I work for a commercial supplier & we sell quite a few of these actually to architects or contractors for personal/misc renos - That's even cheaper than our buy cost.

Jump on this folks if you have the chance.

Got a PM asking if they were discontinuing them - Schlage still has these listed in their price book & no updates, so I'm not sure why they're so cheap...HD must just be clearing out stock or something.

*Edit #2 - If they don't have the Plymouth model, check for the "Camelot", it's the other style – Not sure if it’s listed at $41, but might be worth a shot.
Sep 24, 2005
516 posts
44 upvotes
Discontinued item at HD according to staff, no stock in Victoria BC.
Oct 6, 2010
115 posts
41 upvotes
St. John's
None in stock in Newfoundland.

It showed 3 earlier this morning. By the time I got to the store it showed 1.

When I started looking one of the staff said that another staff member had bought all three.

8 (
May 25, 2012
57 posts
16 upvotes
Malahat
I see these all have made it onto usedvictoria. Willing to part with one at cost to a fellow rfd'r?
dickybird wrote: Picked up 3 (was still 1 left) in the Duncan store at $34.87 each. Also found a 114 Huskey socket set priced down to $14.99
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1313 upvotes
Sauga
I checked the Mississauga Heartland location and no luck. The guy working in the department said I was the second one who had come in for it today and he hadn't been able to find any anywhere.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1492 posts
349 upvotes
Edmonton
Grabbed 1 at St. Albert HD for 34.87 this afternoon; the brass ones of the same design still scan at $155 and all of the others with the shoulders still scan at 165. They showed 0 of these in stock on the website but it's close to home so i checked and I'm glad I did. I would like a few more of these so I will be checking more locations tomorrow for sure.

Good luck all and thanks to OP
You can't steal in slow motion
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3083 posts
1747 upvotes
Kingston
vicivic wrote: I see these all have made it onto usedvictoria. Willing to part with one at cost to a fellow rfd'r?
That's just lame...at least the two I bought were for the front and back doors of my house. *****s.
May 25, 2012
57 posts
16 upvotes
Malahat
I was looking for 2, to actually use as well. Hopefully the seller will step up and let someone who has a use for it, have it at cost.
JC69 wrote: That's just lame...at least the two I bought were for the front and back doors of my house. *****s.
Sep 19, 2006
161 posts
38 upvotes
BC
Look on the first page it will show you who had them up on usedvic.

I just PM them at Rona in Vic :) , they would not give me the extra 10% but for $41.00 each thats a deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)