Expired Hot Deals

HD: YMMV SEIKI Monarch / Vista Plus retractable screen door for $100.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2011 9:12 am
[OP]
Nov 26, 2006
38 posts
1 upvote
Markham

HD: YMMV SEIKI Monarch / Vista Plus retractable screen door for $100.

Looks like HD is clearing out the Monarch to make room for the Phantom/Seiki Viewpoint screen door.

I want to get Vista Plus, but couldn't find any of them in the stores that I have visited, maybe you would have better luck.

http://www.seikiscreensystems.com/produ ... een01.html

So I end up with the Monarch. and the stock level for Monarch is very low in all the store that I been to.

Markham North: few Monarch
Markham East: Nothing left (Monarch / Vista Plus)
Markham: no Monarch / Vista plus
Scarborough: Nothing left (Monarch / Vista Plus)
Richmond Hill North: maybe some Monarch (can't really remember)
Morningside: few Monarch left

ps. it's down to the last few pieces for some of the stores....
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
can you add DOOR to your thread title? I thought you were posting about a projector screen!
Banned
Apr 17, 2009
461 posts
86 upvotes
good deal bc wrote: can you add DOOR to your thread title? I thought you were posting about a projector screen!
Same here. :confused: :confused:
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3648 posts
306 upvotes
i am interested in this, but haven't seen much of it before.

so its like an acordian screen door? or is it a pocket screen door?

also how hard is this to install yourself?
Feb 8, 2008
398 posts
22 upvotes
Good price, but they only come in white, which is too bad. I bought the Vista Plus ($159) but I am going to return it.

Costco (Windsor) has sliding screens like this on sale this week. 8 colours to choose from, ~$350 installed.
Jun 1, 2004
381 posts
20 upvotes
Kanata
Would you have the SKUs for each ?
How do these compare to the phantom ones ?
[OP]
Nov 26, 2006
38 posts
1 upvote
Markham
Electricute wrote: i am interested in this, but haven't seen much of it before.

so its like an acordian screen door? or is it a pocket screen door?

also how hard is this to install yourself?

The Monarch is like accordion.
I didn't want to spend that much for the Vista (like a screen roller) so I settle for the cheaper version.

To me, it wasn't that difficult to install.
Cut the top and bottom rail to width.
Then cut the screen to height, i dry fitted a few times before i screw everything down.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2006
38 posts
1 upvote
Markham
Stevey_Y wrote: Would you have the SKUs for each ?
How do these compare to the phantom ones ?

UPC for Monarch: 180458000415

Don't have it for the vista plus, as most of the store is out with stock, and only few stores still have the yellow clearance sticker on but nothing to be found.

HD have a new Phantom Viewpoint on the shelf, looks like it's replacing the Monarch, they basically looked the same except the Phantom one have the handle on the screen door itself, where Monarch doesn't.

On the Viewpoint box, it's got Phantom and SEIKI's logo printed next to each other.
I guess competitors become friends? :)

The only disadvantage I see with the Monarch is that the bottom rail have some height to it, it's a giant U-channel.
It will stick out on the threshold, if you prefer a cleaner looking threshold, this might not work for you.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3648 posts
306 upvotes
went to homedepot in rexdale, had about 8-9 vistas, and about 5-6 monarchs, they also have a display up to show the difference.

the monarch looks like a POS, the acordian style is horrible, and in addition because of that the screen looks flimsy. the Home depot CSR, said all of them are garbage, and that better off spending $420 to get the phatom screen installed.

but i took a chance with the vista, has a slighty better look, and functions a little bit better.

i also looked at display for the phatom screen, and i dont like it. the tension is too high in the screen's pull back, and is only held by a magnet, i can see the magnet losing strength and the door not working anymore.

the monarch was $99 down from $199, and the vista was $159 i believe.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5008 posts
1593 upvotes
Phantom Viewpoint is $189 at Canadian Tire this week, $40 off