• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2018 2:41 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15301 posts
6317 upvotes

Headphone returns at Visions

Do any of you guys have experience with this? There seems to be conflicting information. I just ordered an open box pair of Kef m400 headphones from them for $68. It looks like a great deal but there have been some issues with this particular model and I'm concerned that they might be defective out of the box. Do you guys know if Visions will take them back? It seems silly that they would not allow me to return an open box item. Also can I return an item I ordered online in store? If you guys have experience with Visions I would appreciate some insight. Thanks.
I am a Zoomer customer.
11 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17034 posts
12436 upvotes
Toronto
It's right on their website...what "conflicting info"? Those are "on ear" headphones not "in ear" right?

Try them and if they don't work, return them.

https://www.visions.ca/Pages/Default.aspx?contentId=5

100% Customer Satisfaction!
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return it within 15 days of purchase and we will gladly give you a refund (details below). If you have a need to exchange a product because it is defective or in favor of a different product, bring it back within 30 days of purchase and we'll exchange it for you.

How to Obtain a Refund or Exchange

For Items Purchased at a Visions Electronics Retail Store
If you would like to make a refund or exchange of a product purchased at one of our retail stores, simply bring the item into any of our retail stores and ask an associate for assistance. We will verify that the product being returned meets the criteria listed below and will be happy to process your refund or exchange.

For Items Purchased on the Visions Electronics Online Store
If you would like to make a refund or exchange of a product purchased from our online store, you can either bring the item into any of our retail stores and ask an associate for assistance, or you can contact us for return instructions to ship the product back to us, and have us process your exchange or refund remotely.
Please note that in the event that the product is being returned due to a defect in the product, or in the event that we have made an error of some sort in processing your order, Visions will be happy to pay the costs of the shipping back to us and reshipping a replacement item to you if applicable. Understandably, in the event that there is nothing wrong with the product and we have fulfilled the order correctly and a return is requested, then the customer would bear the costs of the return shipping charges.

To obtain return instructions, please either e-mail [email protected]ions.ca or phone 1-866-530-3363, and provide your order number (which was e-mailed to you with confirmation of your order) along with a list of the items which you would like to exchange or return. We will contact you shortly with the necessary information and shipping instructions to return your item. Packages returned without authorization will be refused.

The Details

Visions Electronics will be pleased to offer a full refund within 15 (fifteen) days from the purchase date. Or we will offer an exchange of product within 30 (thirty) days from the purchase date.

A restocking fee may apply, or an exchange/refund may be refused if not all packaging, including accessories and documentation are with the product in "like new” condition.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15301 posts
6317 upvotes
Swerny wrote: It's right on their website...what "conflicting info"?

Try them and if they don't work, return them.

https://www.visions.ca/Pages/Default.aspx?contentId=5

100% Customer Satisfaction!
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return it within 15 days of purchase and we will gladly give you a refund (details below). If you have a need to exchange a product because it is defective or in favor of a different product, bring it back within 30 days of purchase and we'll exchange it for you.

How to Obtain a Refund or Exchange

For Items Purchased at a Visions Electronics Retail Store
If you would like to make a refund or exchange of a product purchased at one of our retail stores, simply bring the item into any of our retail stores and ask an associate for assistance. We will verify that the product being returned meets the criteria listed below and will be happy to process your refund or exchange.

For Items Purchased on the Visions Electronics Online Store
If you would like to make a refund or exchange of a product purchased from our online store, you can either bring the item into any of our retail stores and ask an associate for assistance, or you can contact us for return instructions to ship the product back to us, and have us process your exchange or refund remotely.
Please note that in the event that the product is being returned due to a defect in the product, or in the event that we have made an error of some sort in processing your order, Visions will be happy to pay the costs of the shipping back to us and reshipping a replacement item to you if applicable. Understandably, in the event that there is nothing wrong with the product and we have fulfilled the order correctly and a return is requested, then the customer would bear the costs of the return shipping charges.

To obtain return instructions, please either e-mail [email protected] or phone 1-866-530-3363, and provide your order number (which was e-mailed to you with confirmation of your order) along with a list of the items which you would like to exchange or return. We will contact you shortly with the necessary information and shipping instructions to return your item. Packages returned without authorization will be refused.

The Details

Visions Electronics will be pleased to offer a full refund within 15 (fifteen) days from the purchase date. Or we will offer an exchange of product within 30 (thirty) days from the purchase date.

A restocking fee may apply, or an exchange/refund may be refused if not all packaging, including accessories and documentation are with the product in "like new” condition.
Multiple RFD'ers have said that Visions has told them in store that there are absolutely no returns on headphones. What I am wondering is, does that apply to open box units also?
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17034 posts
12436 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote: Multiple RFD'ers have said that Visions has told them in store that there are absolutely no returns on headphones. What I am wondering is, does that apply to open box units also?
the only restriction they have under "exceptions" is for in-ear headphones.

The only restriction i see for "open box" items is for consumables, which aren't headphones
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15301 posts
6317 upvotes
Swerny wrote: the only restriction they have under "exceptions" is for in-ear headphones.

The only restriction i see for "open box" items is for consumables, which aren't headphones
Thanks. I know they say one there that it only applies to in ear headphones but multiple RFDers were told that it actually applies to all headphones.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3187 posts
2853 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
SickBeast wrote: Multiple RFD'ers have said that Visions has told them in store that there are absolutely no returns on headphones. What I am wondering is, does that apply to open box units also?
Here's a thought...instead of having a back-and-forth on an online forum with complete strangers and discussing what 'multiple' random people may have said in the past about potentially different retailers and their policies, why don't you pick up the phone and ask the retailer you dealt with?
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15301 posts
6317 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: Here's a thought...instead of having a back-and-forth on an online forum with complete strangers and discussing what 'multiple' random people may have said in the past about potentially different retailers and their policies, why don't you pick up the phone and ask the retailer you dealt with?
Good idea. I'm getting roasted here.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8548 posts
2949 upvotes
Mississauga
SickBeast wrote: Thanks. I know they say one there that it only applies to in ear headphones but multiple RFDers were told that it actually applies to all headphones.
I agree with Allcaps. Additionally, how do you think they came to have open box headphones to sell you in the first place if they do not take returns?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5302 posts
3768 upvotes
Vancouver
Avenger wrote: I agree with Allcaps. Additionally, how do you think they came to have open box headphones to sell you in the first place if they do not take returns?
Open box is often used for "demo" too so that's a possibility. Tho i believe Visions return policy is no returns on earbuds (in-ear) and not headphones (on ear). Personally i would avoid open box headphone or earbuds but that's just a personal preference (actually i avoid open box/refurb for pretty much everything i plan on using).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7738 posts
1628 upvotes
Worst case is if something is wrong, you may be able to make a claim with the cc you got it from.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12236 posts
3227 upvotes
--
If I purchased a product from a company and it was defective and was told too bad, contact the manufacturer I'd lose my damn mind on the manager (not the worker cashing out of course).

I actually had this happen once with a PS4 that was defective right out of the box. I had a funny feeling it was a previous return that someone swapped out or something. Manager told me "Look, it says if there is a problem to call Sony". I did not care one bit at all and the guy knew I was damn serious about me wanting my money back.

Long story short I got my money back.

OP. You shouldn't have much to worry about.