22494 upvotes
Toronto

[Health Canada] Health Canada COVID app - Android and IOS

Retailer:
Health Canada
More offers from Health Canada
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .stopcovid

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/covid-alert/id1520284227

huh, a downvote already for a free app that keep you and your family safe. will wonders never cease?
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
20 replies
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
10843 posts
4171 upvotes
okay ... will check it out. :)
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
10843 posts
4171 upvotes
" Diagnosed with Covid-19? ...........

You need a one-time key to let people know they've been exposed ....... ENTER YOUR ONE TIME KEY "

I hope some people won't start entering some fake one time keys ... just to freak out other people ....
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13024 posts
7958 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Let's see what the fuss is all about.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13024 posts
7958 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Downloaded. So basically if you're infected you get a one-time key to enter into this App, voluntarily and others who has this App will get a Alert notifying you if you are near this individual who entered his/her one-time key...voluntarily.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
10843 posts
4171 upvotes
Just read new news in my mobile phone news ... -- you can probably google it or find it yourself, if interested to know more. (I am in Manitoba ... so it's not for me).

C/P:

CBC.ca - 9 mins ago.

New COVID-19 notification app rolls out in Ontario

Residents of Ontario can now download a new app that can tell them whether they have been........

-------

WTF ... isn't it the same app? (if so ... then it's not just for Ontario ...but more like Canada-wide) :)

The new app, called COVID Alert ......
Feb 9, 2005
812 posts
117 upvotes
iOS needs to be 13.5 or higher. That means that anyone with an older iphone will not be able to use this app. Who most likely will have an older cell phone... your high risk groups: low income and seniors. What's the point if you can't track people who are most vulnerable?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5138 posts
1414 upvotes
Toronto
Darkman wrote: " Diagnosed with Covid-19? ...........

You need a one-time key to let people know they've been exposed ....... ENTER YOUR ONE TIME KEY "

I hope some people won't start entering some fake one time keys ... just to freak out other people ....
You don't just make up a key lol.. Once you are diagnosed, you are assigned a key...
Deal Addict
May 4, 2004
1713 posts
9 upvotes
LOL.... IF you are positive, just stay home!!! You should not be even around with people, period!

How much is taxpayers paying for this national app??? cost?? contract out??
--------------

My Heatware - tonychau
Oct 17, 2012
849 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver
It's not going to be all that useful if the majority of people don't install the app, huh?
Aug 21, 2019
229 posts
173 upvotes
BC
People should download this app and start taking covid seriously.
Jan 12, 2006
323 posts
29 upvotes
I had the virus back in late March/early April, so there's not much this app can do for me (or, through me, for anyone else).
Aug 17, 2008
565 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
vistaliving wrote: iOS needs to be 13.5 or higher. That means that anyone with an older iphone will not be able to use this app. Who most likely will have an older cell phone... your high risk groups: low income and seniors. What's the point if you can't track people who are most vulnerable?
now its young people under 40!
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Aug 17, 2008
565 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
apparently a version of this app has had great success in Korea and Japan
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)