• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 4:04 am
Oct 15, 2006
459 posts
405 upvotes
Edmonton

NVM

NVM
Last edited by covergirl on Jun 23rd, 2021 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm more than just a picture | I'm a daughter and a sister
Sometimes it's hard for me to show | That I'm more than just a rumor
Or a song on your computer | There's more to me than people know
2 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1811 posts
2410 upvotes
BC
You will have to read the specific details of your own work insurance plan as to the coverage of your dependent child and when it would end.

My insurance plan defines "dependent child" as a child:
- until 21 years or
- until 25 years if attending school full-time or
- if over 24 years and incapable of self-sustaining employment due to mental or physical impairment.

So your 18 year old child might be covered depending upon what criteria your plan has.

When she is 18 years old, she can file an income tax return as a single person and be entitled to whatever benefits that she may qualify for as an adult person.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6151 upvotes
covergirl wrote: I have a child and my work insurance covers a percentage of her medical and dental needs. What will happen when she is 18 years old? Will she stay covered by the company insurance?
When she is required to file a tax form? and will she be able to request reimbursement as a low income?
https://www.alberta.ca/aadl-benefits-covered.aspx
Nobody is required to file tax return unless you have income. But it is a good idea to file tax return for the year she turns 18 even though she doesn’t Have income so she will get GST credit payment when she turns 19.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)