• Oct 27th, 2016 12:46 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
8587 posts
1623 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
carstrucksplanes wrote:
Jun 10th, 2015 12:45 pm
That's what we do - just submit once or twice a year and save up all our medical expenses and submit one claim form.
Why do you submit claim forms more frequently don 242? Is there a benefit to doing that?
I only submit once a year as well. The odd time I have done it twice when I get a last minute unexpected one at the end of the year.

But some people may submit more frequently, depends on how they want to manage it I suppose. No benefit really, other than just smaller amounts to deal with at a time.

For me it just works out better to stay with the percent fee. For others the flat rate may be better. To be honest, this year I expect I would come out ahead with the flat rate due to a big expense for one of my kids. But not worth paying some $150 setup fee to switch over.
Jun 8, 2015
4 posts
Vancouver, BC
don242 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2015 12:55 pm
I only submit once a year as well. The odd time I have done it twice when I get a last minute unexpected one at the end of the year.

But some people may submit more frequently, depends on how they want to manage it I suppose. No benefit really, other than just smaller amounts to deal with at a time.

For me it just works out better to stay with the percent fee. For others the flat rate may be better. To be honest, this year I expect I would come out ahead with the flat rate due to a big expense for one of my kids. But not worth paying some $150 setup fee to switch over.
I see. May I ask which company you file your PHSP with?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
8587 posts
1623 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
carstrucksplanes wrote:
Jun 10th, 2015 1:04 pm
I see. May I ask which company you file your PHSP with?
I've been with Brock. So far it has been good. They are very responsive as well if you have any questions. I think their setup fee is $100 but you can get that waived if your accountant refers you.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
1857 posts
253 upvotes
Calgary
When your business grows to the point of having employees, you can't control how often they will submit.