Heart worm prevention in Vancouver?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2017 12:48 am
[OP]
May 3, 2016
381 posts
35 upvotes

Heart worm prevention in Vancouver?

Moving with my dog from Asia to Vancouver. She's taking the Tri Heart Plus for heartworm prevention:
Your text to link here...

Is it necessary in Vancouver throughout the year?
Is it easy to order online or buy in Vancouver?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5161 posts
702 upvotes
South of Ottawa
Vancouver is not a high risk area for heartworm. If I were living there, I would have my dogs tested instead of giving them preventatives at all.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1426 posts
1109 upvotes
British Columbia
There is no need for heart worm prevention here, unless you are traveling else where... vets here are not concerned about it and likely don't carry the medications in stock.
[OP]
May 3, 2016
381 posts
35 upvotes
Karala wrote: There is no need for heart worm prevention here, unless you are traveling else where... vets here are not concerned about it and likely don't carry the medications in stock.
That's great to hear! It's already pinching me to get her another rabies vaccine since it's compulsory for her air travel. Want to keep all chemicals to a minimum on her.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5857 posts
2122 upvotes
Space
I've never had my dogs on any heartworm meds and they've lived long healthy lives. To be honest, I think the whole heartworm prevention thing is WAY overblown in Canada, and just pads the vets pockets. Hence why they push you to buy it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)