Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Hello Network

Save Chinatown 40% discount cards **Montreal, QC only**

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2021 9:38 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Save Chinatown 40% discount cards **Montreal, QC only**

Deal Link:
Savings:
40% off
Expiry:
December 31, 2021
Retailer:
Hello Network
For anyone in Montreal who loves Asian food and want to help Chinatown, this seems to be a very good deal. I just bought a card worth $100 for $60. It gives you access to dozens of participating restaurants and stores in Chinatown.

Once you make the payment and register on Hello, you need to register from your Hello account to get the prepaid VISA card, which should be in your mailbox within 7 to 10 days. The bonus money expires 150 days after purchase, based on an email I got from La Ruche.

Based on Hello's FAQ, there is *no credit check* for this application.
Minimum $30 per purchase, maximum $150.75 per user
It's the first time I ever use Hello, but from the Facebook post I saw this deal on, it seems to be totally legit so let's see how it goes.

-----------------------------
UPDATE: Thanks to some of our RFDers (@deal_king, @Jonick), here's a link to La Ruche which gives some more credential to the legitimacy of this deal.

UPDATE2: Since there seems to be some confusion about the expiration date of bonus credit, I sent an email to both La Ruche and Hello Network support on the subject. No answer yet. If I get nothing today I will start bothering them on Twitter and Facebook. I'm just a bit annoyed at the difficulty level of getting accurate details on our purchases.

UPDATE3: I finally got an answer from La Ruche, it's in French. They're basically saying that the bonus is valid for 150 days from the time of purchase. Hurray, now we've got a third different expiration date! Face With Tears Of Joy Anyway, this is good news. I will still press her on the fact that I don't think it's really possible to deduct money from a prepaid VISA card if you're not using the card as a client, but this has no real incidence on the outcome.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous portez à cette belle campagne.

Je comprends votre confusion.
Le bonus de 67% est valable pour une période de 150 jours à compter de la date d’achat.
Les campagnes d’achat locales sont destinées à encourager la reprise économique, c’est pourquoi l'équipe de promotion de la campagne encourage l'utilisation de ceux-ci avant la fin de 2021. Cependant, la bonification a une limite de 150 jours à partir de la date d'achat.

Après cette période de 150 jours, le bonus de 67% ne sera plus valide, mais le montant de la carte sans elle sera toujours valable si vous ne l’avez pas utilisée.

J’espère que cela répond à votre question, n’hésitez pas si vous avez d’autres questions.

Madelyne- La Ruche
Last edited by WillyBaldy on Nov 10th, 2021 9:26 am, edited 15 times in total.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Thread Summary
Here's some useful info from Hello FAQ:
Do I need a good credit score to get a Hello card?

No, we do not do a hard credit check when verifying your personal information at the moment of your card application.

As a result, we do not see your credit score, nor do we have access to that information. Obtaining and using a Hello card will not positively or negatively impact your credit score.
How does a transaction work with my Hello card?

You have a merchant balance to use
Simply go to the merchant, and pay for your transaction as you normally would use the Hello Visa* Prepaid Card. We will verify if you have one or more balances available and complete the transaction accordingly. No fuss, no hassle. The only person who knows that you have an offer…is you!

Transaction amount is more than what you have in your merchant balance
No problem! We will seamlessly use your funds held in your Open Wallet (My Cash) to cover any outstanding balance for the transaction after applying the value of your offer to complete the transaction.

Funds held in your Open Wallet (My Cash) may also be used at any Canadian merchant where Visa is accepted.
94 replies
Nov 24, 2019
239 posts
552 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't live in Montreal but +1 for helping the community!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
willy0275 wrote: For anyone in Montreal who loves Asian food and want to help Chinatown, this seems to be a very good deal. I just bought a card worth $100 for $60. It gives you access to dozens of participating restaurants and stores in Chinatown.

Once you make the payment and register on Hello, you need to register from your Hello account to get the prepaid VISA card, which should be in your mailbox within 7 to 10 days. The bonus money expires on April 2022.

It's the first time I ever use Hello, but from the Facebook post I saw this deal on, it seems to be totally legit so let's see how it goes.
Where do you see that the bonus money expires on April 2022? The terms are not listed anywhere on the site- which is suspicious. On top of that, it is supposed to be run by La Ruche, however the Hello program is not mentioned on their facebook page or their website as a project: https://laruchequebec.com/en/region/Grand-Montreal.

Do you have a link to the Facebook post you saw it on?
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1168 posts
1981 upvotes
Montreal
deal_king wrote: Where do you see that the bonus money expires on April 2022? The terms are not listed anywhere on the site- which is suspicious. On top of that, it is supposed to be run by La Ruche, however the Hello program is not mentioned on their facebook page or their website as a project: https://laruchequebec.com/en/region/Grand-Montreal.

Seems legit: https://laruchequebec.com/fr/projet/ens ... er-chinois
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
But it says the bonus expires on Dec 31, 2021. I suggest doing a printscreen of the checkout page that mentions April 2022, in case they pull a fast one.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
I like to support China town but I hope they don't jack up the price..

Can we decrease the minimum salary?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jul 7, 2021
90 posts
185 upvotes
Here's the page showing the actual expiry of the gift card funds. Shows up when you continue through the check out process.

Thanks, OP. Will be getting one for my upcoming visit!
Images
  • Screenshot_20211107-074032_Firefox.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
Good deal. Thanks OP. There has to be a reason too that many places are moving across the river to Brossard. Restaurant Imperial is on its way, as are many other locations.
Jul 21, 2021
903 posts
3879 upvotes
krazykanuck wrote: Good deal. Thanks OP. There has to be a reason too that many places are moving across the river to Brossard. Restaurant Imperial is on its way, as are many other locations.
I'm guessing with Brossard having a pretty big Asian population (and cheaper rent than Montreal), a lot more of China Town's business' might be moving there.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
krazykanuck wrote: Good deal. Thanks OP. There has to be a reason too that many places are moving across the river to Brossard. Restaurant Imperial is on its way, as are many other locations.
thegame99 wrote: I'm guessing with Brossard having a pretty big Asian population (and cheaper rent than Montreal), a lot more of China Town's business' might be moving there.
Having free parking lots sure helps given how much harder is it to move within downtown.
Jul 21, 2021
903 posts
3879 upvotes
cn_habs wrote: Having free parking lots sure helps given how much harder is it to move within downtown.
Lol. So true.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2237 upvotes
GTA
Ever since the Quebec politicians limited the development and expansion of Montreal's China back in the 1980's, China Town there is not much a China Town anymore. Only a few restaurants left - and the biggest one (at the time anyway) moved to Brossard.

However upvoted for the thread regardless.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Nov 26, 2015
389 posts
207 upvotes
thegame99 wrote: I'm guessing with Brossard having a pretty big Asian population (and cheaper rent than Montreal), a lot more of China Town's business' might be moving there.
As a Chinese, in my opinion, the best restaurants also happen to be in Brossard. Paid parking and that Square Viger construction don't help either.

I live near the Big Orange and despite being in the middle of the island it is still usually faster to go all the way to Brossard despite the congestion on the bridge.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
deal_king wrote: Where do you see that the bonus money expires on April 2022? The terms are not listed anywhere on the site- which is suspicious.

Yeah I actually thought exactly like you at the beginning. It's actually a Vietnamese friend of mine who found the deal on Facebook and I was so skeptical I spent more than an hour checking about this. We then decided to buy a card and split the expense, but I was somewhat very irritated afterwards to learn that they'd send you a prepaid VISA card instead of simply a code to be able to use the deal with the app. The offer is lacking complete details.

I found an article on the web about this Hello Network company, a fintech comnpany based in Québec city. It really seems legit enough and worse case we can apply a chargeback to the transaction with our bank, but I'm pretty sure it's a valid deal. This fintech company is very new so I expect more reviews of that system in the coming months.

There's a limit of around $200,000 for this deal. It gives us 40% rebate. I'm pretty convinced some sales will be done at a loss, which is "strange" but if the longer term strategy of running this deal is to attract more people permanently to Chinatown, it could make sense I guess.

One of the listed location has ducks! Me *love* juicy roasted duck! :twisted:
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ryan10075 wrote: As a Chinese, in my opinion, the best restaurants also happen to be in Brossard. Paid parking and that Square Viger construction don't help either.

I live near the Big Orange and despite being in the middle of the island it is still usually faster to go all the way to Brossard despite the congestion on the bridge.
I don't even own a car so it sometimes feel it would be easier for me to go to Hong Kong than Brossard. Hourly busses over the week-end, you miss one you die in the cold at -20C. Chinatown is very useful for people like me, but I can understand the appeal of Brossard when you own a car. Phở MC Brossard is our favourite place (along Phở Bằng New York in Chinatown).
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
willy0275 wrote: Yeah I actually thought exactly like you at the beginning. It's actually a Vietnamese friend of mine who found the deal on Facebook and I was so skeptical I spent more than an hour checking about this. We then decided to buy a card and split the expense, but I was somewhat very irritated afterwards to learn that they'd send you a prepaid VISA card instead of simply a code to be able to use the deal with the app. The offer is lacking complete details.

I found an article on the web about this Hello Network company, a fintech comnpany based in Québec city. It really seems legit enough and worse case we can apply a chargeback to the transaction with our bank, but I'm pretty sure it's a valid deal. This fintech company is very new so I expect more reviews of that system in the coming months.

There's a limit of around $200,000 for this deal. It gives us 40% rebate. I'm pretty convinced some sales will be done at a loss, which is "strange" but if the longer term strategy of running this deal is to attract more people permanently to Chinatown, it could make sense I guess.

One of the listed location has ducks! Me *love* juicy roasted duck! :twisted:
Which location has duck? Andy and Dobe has it but their quality has plummeted in recent months... They keep meat from days before and resell it. It used to be amazing but the last 3 times it was chewy and stale.

Imperial has Peking duck and roast duck and always good.

The real issue is whether the expiry of dec 31 or April 2022....
Aug 23, 2010
399 posts
155 upvotes
Montr
Is it maybe the deal to buy the card expires dec 31st and to use by 2022?
Thanks op for the deal

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)