Dec 5, 2019
55 posts
60 upvotes

$35 off and $22.50 Rakuten Cashback

Expiry:
July 20, 2020
Retailer:
HelloFresh
There's a coupon for $60 off HelloFresh inside the Rakuten app, under HelloFresh. $35 off first meal, then $15 & $10

Rakuten is also doing 3x cashback bringing it to $22.50 cb

The cheapest meal is 2 servings, 3 meals for $78.73

You end up getting the box for $21.44

Cheers.
Last edited by Dasire on Jul 15th, 2020 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
14 replies
Apr 19, 2012
57 posts
50 upvotes
OTTAWA
Just FYI, the coupon is for new customers only - so might have to create a new account.
Mar 25, 2018
401 posts
489 upvotes
60$ for the first three orders. So only 25$ off for the first order.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3516 posts
4062 upvotes
I'm liking the recent Chef's Plate and GoodFood promos a lot more. Chef's Plate, in particular, was only $1 for 3 dinners for two people, plus $15 Rakuten cashback
For Sale:
Sep 29, 2010
535 posts
761 upvotes
I've never understood these food box services. Shopping for real food is much cheaper. Many more recipes are available online for free.

Answer I've heard multiple times: "But if I only need half an onion, they ship me half an onion! No waste!"

...so they ship you half an Onion for more than a whole one would cost? You know, you could just buy a full Onion and use it, right? Or save it for later...smh...
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2018
1392 posts
1369 upvotes
pdipps wrote: I've never understood these food box services. Shopping for real food is much cheaper. Many more recipes are available online for free.

Answer I've heard multiple times: "But if I only need half an onion, they ship me half an onion! No waste!"

...so they ship you half an Onion for more than a whole one would cost? You know, you could just buy a full Onion and use it, right? Or save it for later...smh...
Its targeted for people who don't have time to meal plan, go grocery shopping and want the convience. Some people think its worth the premium to save 1-2 hours of their day grocery shopping.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2018
1392 posts
1369 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: I'm liking the recent Chef's Plate and GoodFood promos a lot more. Chef's Plate, in particular, was only $1 for 3 dinners for two people, plus $15 Rakuten cashback
Check your rakuten, they clawed back my $15 from Chefs Plate yesterday or day before. Its gone. I actually got $22.50 cause of the Canada Day promo but they took back $15, and left me the $7.50 adjustrment
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6575 posts
3726 upvotes
Toronto
pdipps wrote: I've never understood these food box services. Shopping for real food is much cheaper. Many more recipes are available online for free.

Sure, but it's cheaper than a good takeout place or restaurant, it's trying to bridge the gap. Do a bit of the work, get a bit of the savings; for those people who don't have hours to spend planning and buying food but are fine cooking for the same length of time it would take to go get takeout.

Personally though I cancelled HelloFresh a month ago because the quality just wasn't there. It's gone downhill a lot in my view, the meats especially were pretty disgusting, and the vegetables don't seem as fresh as they used to be. I wouldn't do it even for half the price, I had to go out and buy ground beef to make a few of the recipes because what they sent seemed to be mostly fat and gristle.
[OP]
Dec 5, 2019
55 posts
60 upvotes

At ~72% off I figured it'd make a good deal. I don't recommend using a food box as your main source of food but if you wanted to try a risky dish for a few bucks this makes it easy.

Personally I like to get ethnic dishes from these promos. They're full of spices I've never tried and names I've never heard, great for changing things up or adding to my future meal plans.
Jun 12, 2018
50 posts
10 upvotes
BenzDude11 wrote: Check your rakuten, they clawed back my $15 from Chefs Plate yesterday or day before. Its gone. I actually got $22.50 cause of the Canada Day promo but they took back $15, and left me the $7.50 adjustrment
Lucky, my $22.50 is completely gone and I wasn’t left with $7.50
Apr 17, 2016
358 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
I've tried both hello fresh and chefs plate through recent promo's. Normally, I like to pick out my own stuff from grocery store and cook it up, however, testing these kits has allowed us to test some meals we normally wouldn't make. Some have been actually quite delicious, and now I have the meal card with instructions and ingredients so I can pick up the supplies myself!

I def would not pay full price for a box, however, a while after cancelling, hello fresh offered 50% off next box so I ordered again. Even at 50% off, it's not cheap, but easier to pull the trigger an order! They missed my delivery date so I have a free meal in my cart for the next promo when I decide to order.
Sep 29, 2010
535 posts
761 upvotes
BenzDude11 wrote: Its targeted for people who don't have time to meal plan, go grocery shopping and want the convience. Some people think its worth the premium to save 1-2 hours of their day grocery shopping.
*shrug*

As someone that has cooked regularly since my early teens, I just don't think meal planning and grocery shopping are that hard. I basically have 4-5 "go-to" daily options, and a bunch of others if I want variety. My fridge/cupboards are stocked with versatile staples so I can just sort of mix and match on the go.

Grocery shopping doesn't take 1-2hours/day. Maybe 1-2 hours per week, there and back. Cooking, 15-30/min per day, with leftovers for another meal.

Meal Prep isn't THAT hard. You don't need to cook a feast for every meal. I just don't get why people are so intimidated by it. That said, I can also say the same with DIY repairs - so much could be cheaply and easily fixed if people weren't afraid to research and try.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3100 posts
1241 upvotes
Thornhill
pdipps wrote: *shrug*

As someone that has cooked regularly since my early teens, I just don't think meal planning and grocery shopping are that hard. I basically have 4-5 "go-to" daily options, and a bunch of others if I want variety. My fridge/cupboards are stocked with versatile staples so I can just sort of mix and match on the go.

Grocery shopping doesn't take 1-2hours/day. Maybe 1-2 hours per week, there and back. Cooking, 15-30/min per day, with leftovers for another meal.

Meal Prep isn't THAT hard. You don't need to cook a feast for every meal. I just don't get why people are so intimidated by it. That said, I can also say the same with DIY repairs - so much could be cheaply and easily fixed if people weren't afraid to research and try.
I personally wouldn't pay full price and i agree with you, but the free boxes i sent my sister got her hooked, and now shes a member. Hey, she has the income, this service has what shes looking for, so who am i to tell her that its not worth it? Because for her, it obviously is. Ya dont have to understand.
Last edited by Bencherstyle on Jul 15th, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2018
1392 posts
1369 upvotes
phokingnoodles wrote: Lucky, my $22.50 is completely gone and I wasn’t left with $7.50
Chatted with support. Got my $22.50 back :) they wanted proof I purchased a box
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1826 posts
5454 upvotes
phokingnoodles wrote: Lucky, my $22.50 is completely gone and I wasn’t left with $7.50
Weird, on Canada Day I signed up for the 3 meals for 2 people for free. Plus I got the $22.50 Rakuten cashback bonus. I just checked now, and my $22.50 cashback bonus still shows.