Expired Hot Deals

[HelloFresh] HelloFresh (pre-prepped meals, free delivery)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2018 5:12 pm
Aug 16, 2010
299 posts
56 upvotes
JC69 wrote:
May 18th, 2018 3:10 pm
I find cooking enjoyable, it’s not a chore. It’s a skill and you get (hopefully) a healthy worthwhile product at the end of it. People's perspectives are skewed these days. No one is that busy they can’t make themselves a decent meal. Take the time to learn to cook, it’s one of those investments you’ll never lose on.
This type of service can also help out someone who likes to cook. It's a great way to introduce you to new flavours, methods, shortcuts that you can incorporate into your own cooking down the road.
Dec 28, 2006
757 posts
500 upvotes
Not sure if this ($40 for new customer) code is expired or not. Got this from some shipment a while ago.
BLKBWA
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2401 posts
591 upvotes
Kingston
Haps13 wrote:
May 18th, 2018 4:35 pm
This type of service can also help out someone who likes to cook. It's a great way to introduce you to new flavours, methods, shortcuts that you can incorporate into your own cooking down the road.
For a price though. Part of learning to cook is in choosing the ingredients too and it doesn’t have to be expensive. I can make something like lobster bisque for 4 people with a reasonable main meal for a heck of a lot less than $13 per person for example. Lobster bisque sounds fancy but it’s ridiculously easy to prepare.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20265 posts
134545 upvotes
GTA
JC69 wrote:
May 18th, 2018 3:10 pm
I find cooking enjoyable, it’s not a chore. It’s a skill and you get (hopefully) a healthy worthwhile product at the end of it. People's perspectives are skewed these days. No one is that busy they can’t make themselves a decent meal. Take the time to learn to cook, it’s one of those investments you’ll never lose on.
I completely agree with you, I was just providing an alternative perspective as there are several people I know who don't enjoy it / always seem to be on the go and are constantly ordering takeout/eating out, etc.

I don't personally find much value in services like these but there must be a market for it, otherwise I would doubt they would have lasted this long.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2394 posts
459 upvotes
GTA
With the Costco gift card it essentially brings the $130 box down to a $104 cost for 12 meals = $8.67/meal. Not bad. My wife and I are usually able to get two nights of dinners from each meal, so that box lasts us 6 out of the 7 nights of the week. This service is great for people with little time to do stuff due to work etc. or people who are starting out and learning how to cook. Oh and people with newborn babies, such a huge help not to have to go grocery shopping and thinking about meals for the first couple of weeks/months or whatever!
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
4733 posts
887 upvotes
GTA
Can I fetch 80% face value of the GC I got from Bay order?

I think the flaw is in the biz model.

1. Amazon/Grocers' supply chains could easily out-compete these guys. Delivery/high Canadian labor cost is/has been the hardest part to figure out. Rest is just AI and coding.
3. This could be more value if it's one of my Uber Eat choice. Or can be ordered with other life essence with AMZ i.e. diapers
2. Not reliable yet thus can't rely on this to live car-less, a huge part of household expenses.

Best outcome for these guys is to get bought out by the incumbents.