• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2020 9:26 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 19, 2020
31 posts
5 upvotes

Help-Air conditioning problem

I have carrier unit that keep freezing up the evaporator coil every couple hour , any good cooling contractor I should call? In Brampton
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3788 posts
2325 upvotes
Woodbridge
If the coil is freezing up, than its either the air flow issue ( dirty filer etc) or AC is low on gas. If its a older system on freon ( R22) than it becomes a difficult as R22 was banned starting Jan 1, 2020.
Grandaddy wrote: I have carrier unit that keep freezing up the evaporator coil every couple hour , any good cooling contractor I should call? In Brampton
HVAC Pro-Committed to customer, not brand. Past RFD Reviews
2022 Central Air Conditioner & Furnace Group Buy
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13086 posts
4694 upvotes
Ontario
Was going to come here and provide possible solution to the issue and recommend @newlyborn for him to come out and repair your system but he already replied above ^^.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2020
31 posts
5 upvotes
Ok so Last week I called some random hvac tech , he topped up R22 refrigerant that was low and my air condition came live. But its a 18 year old unit and its done the job till now so I think I am going to replace it. I researched and wants to get carrier infinty 24ANB, 2.5 ton . Going to change everything like hoses snd wires and evop coil,I need suggestions on installer and quotes
[OP]
Jun 19, 2020
31 posts
5 upvotes
I got quoted $2475 plus tax for Lennox 2.5 ton 14 seer air conditioner for New installed , includes remove old sustem and dispose and install New unit, good price or should I opt for carrier brand?
Mar 2, 2020
75 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
That is awesome. I am also in market for new AC and i was looking at Trane XR13. But looking at noise complaints ( c-loud-sound-2389994/) from RFD members for this particular unit I got quoted 2690+tax for 14 SEER 2.5 ton. Is it a good deal? Mine is not new installation either. Its a replacement. Installer told me that he will replace everything.
Grandaddy wrote: I got quoted $2475 plus tax for Lennox 2.5 ton 14 seer air conditioner for New installed , includes remove old sustem and dispose and install New unit, good price or should I opt for carrier brand?
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13086 posts
4694 upvotes
Ontario
As I mentioned above talk to @newlyborn he will give you a fair honest price and advice. You can see some of the high praise for him in this thread - new-furnace-time-2322131/15/?utm_campai ... #p32833395

Also from what I hear Carrier is supposed to be one of the better brands to buy for AC, so good choice!

Grandaddy wrote: Ok so Last week I called some random hvac tech , he topped up R22 refrigerant that was low and my air condition came live. But its a 18 year old unit and its done the job till now so I think I am going to replace it. I researched and wants to get carrier infinty 24ANB, 2.5 ton . Going to change everything like hoses snd wires and evop coil,I need suggestions on installer and quotes
[OP]
Jun 19, 2020
31 posts
5 upvotes
There are so many scammers in home services because with simple signature they can put lien against your hard earned property . I think there should be a law to protect home owner from this type of scammer. I know there is consumer protection act but still its a lot more hassle to go through. Home owners are not informed and scammers are way ahead and knows how to the trick them. So I urge every home owner to fight against this type of people and corporation too to protect your hard earned home. Home equipment and renovations financing is also part of rip off that needs to be stop too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)