None
[OP]
May 21, 2017
103 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto

Help With Bluetooth Speakers!

Hello,

Trying to find the best portable Bluetooth speaker. Looking around $200 price range and sound quality, battery life and durability are key.
(Needs to be splash proof and hopefully last 5h as I want to use it near the pool/beach)

Don't really care for 'smart festures' like Alexa or Siri...

Seen a couple ue speakers but reviews are mixed and all over the place

Bose seems to be less dursble...someone help!
4 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12236 posts
3227 upvotes
--
Tkoutlem wrote: Hello,

Trying to find the best portable Bluetooth speaker. Looking around $200 price range and sound quality, battery life and durability are key.
(Needs to be splash proof and hopefully last 5h as I want to use it near the pool/beach)

Don't really care for 'smart festures' like Alexa or Siri...

Seen a couple ue speakers but reviews are mixed and all over the place

Bose seems to be less dursble...someone help!
I was going to suggest mine until your last line.

I’ll do it anyways, I have the Bose Soundlink Revolve+ and love it. Left it in the backyard one night when I got really drunk with friends and it POURED rain very hard all night right on the speaker. Still works 100% with no issues. It sounds amazing for its size and doesn’t need to be pointed in your general direction as that won’t matter.

That said, it’s about $400 taxes in, I still say it’s worth it, almost forgot to mention the last time I used it, a full charge at half to 3/4s max volume lasted about 11 hours straight.

When it came out I randomly came across it and didn’t realize it was newly released, I bought the small version but then figured since I got so much use out of it in a week I may as well return it and pay the extra $90 for the big one, and it was well worth it

At release I paid 329.99, it is now 369.99 for some reason, but is on sale for 329.99 again. Also not the smaller one is around your budget as well and is also good. Look up reviews on YouTube as well. From a few other expensive ones I tested in a similar price range this sounded significantly better. Do keep in mind though that there is only so much any of these speakers can do.

I would say try it and if your not impressed just return it.

https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/bose ... r/10575071
Feb 12, 2009
262 posts
43 upvotes
North York
Been using my Jawbone big for my outside boot camps.

Been using u rain right “14 battery life is still great
[OP]
May 21, 2017
103 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
XtremeModder wrote: I was going to suggest mine until your last line.

I’ll do it anyways, I have the Bose Soundlink Revolve+ and love it. Left it in the backyard one night when I got really drunk with friends and it POURED rain very hard all night right on the speaker. Still works 100% with no issues. It sounds amazing for its size and doesn’t need to be pointed in your general direction as that won’t matter.

That said, it’s about $400 taxes in, I still say it’s worth it, almost forgot to mention the last time I used it, a full charge at half to 3/4s max volume lasted about 11 hours straight.

When it came out I randomly came across it and didn’t realize it was newly released, I bought the small version but then figured since I got so much use out of it in a week I may as well return it and pay the extra $90 for the big one, and it was well worth it

At release I paid 329.99, it is now 369.99 for some reason, but is on sale for 329.99 again. Also not the smaller one is around your budget as well and is also good. Look up reviews on YouTube as well. From a few other expensive ones I tested in a similar price range this sounded significantly better. Do keep in mind though that there is only so much any of these speakers can do.

I would say try it and if your not impressed just return it.

https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/bose ... r/10575071
How is the regular revolve? as the plus is kind of out of my price range. Do you or someone you know own it??
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12236 posts
3227 upvotes
--
Tkoutlem wrote: How is the regular revolve? as the plus is kind of out of my price range. Do you or someone you know own it??
I did own it, but I figured since I used it so much in one week, the extra $90 (at the time) was a no brainer. It did sound quite good and was quite a bit smaller. The added handle on the larger one (the small one doesn't have it) is great because I can hang it off a nail or screw outside so it's not sitting on the middle of a table where my friends and I are having a conversation.

Also to note, if you place it up against the corner of a wall such as on a counter top the bass will be much louder vs just out in the open.

Again, buy it from bestbuy, if you don't like it or feel that it isn't worth it, just return it.

Keep in mind, I am no Bose fanboy. My father bought me a 5.1 surround sound bose system (Accoustimass I think it's called). While it's pretty good for movies and the odd game, It is absolutely horrible for music (but that is what my tube setup is for).

Here is a video review haven't watched it but believe it compares the 2 models: