None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13407 posts
2781 upvotes
Pacific Ocean

HELP! Cannot uninstall Cyberghost

I installed Cyberghost but it didnt fully install. Instead the install screen just froze for what seemed like forever on the installing components screen. I then rebooted the puter and tried uninstalling from Programs and Features. The uninstall screen came up and began to uninstall but froze again. Using win 10. All other applications work fine. Is there another way to get rid of this??
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
717 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: I installed Cyberghost but it didnt fully install. Instead the install screen just froze for what seemed like forever on the installing components screen. I then rebooted the puter and tried uninstalling from Programs and Features. The uninstall screen came up and began to uninstall but froze again. Using win 10. All other applications work fine. Is there another way to get rid of this??
system restore point
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13407 posts
2781 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
rageking wrote: system restore point
Does this remove the program files completely??
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13407 posts
2781 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
rageking wrote: sure
Nope, sys restore doesnt work. Tried several times. Ends up the issue was cyberghost ver was 32 bit and not compatible to win 10 64 bit.

Anyway TechXpert guys from Robbers (yup, believe it or not) fixed the issue and it did take quite a while. They used several types of uninstallers and removed the s/w. So having this service via robbers package for free is worthwhile - even if used once.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
635 upvotes
NORTH YORK
aznnorth wrote: I installed Cyberghost but it didnt fully install. Instead the install screen just froze for what seemed like forever on the installing components screen. I then rebooted the puter and tried uninstalling from Programs and Features. The uninstall screen came up and began to uninstall but froze again. Using win 10. All other applications work fine. Is there another way to get rid of this??
Get the install disc of either Ubuntu or Linuxmint. Boot up your computer with the disc and use it for get rid of all the Cyberghost files you can find.
That starts with its folder of course. And you need to weed out those that hide in the Windows, Windows/System 32 and Windows/system folders. Wipe out Windows/temp folders too. Search all files that was modified during the time you were installing Cyberghost. And take those files out one by one. It is PITA. Good luck.
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
21320 posts
9745 upvotes
Toronto
Lesson learned, always create a restore point prior to installing new software. As always, be careful of adopting a new version of windows prior to service pack 1 release. Not sure if it is common knowledge, with windows 10, home users are treated like test guinea pigs. They get update roll outs first and when confirmed to work, the businesses will then get the update. Small wonder why Microsoft is willing to upgrade everyone to windows 10.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/29 ... ws-10.html
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1718 posts
359 upvotes
BC
Yay they got millions of guinea pigs. i'm still trying to install my purchased PIA on windows 10.
"If you ever doubted yourself, remember, the Stupidest Man on earth became President" Li Ka Shing