• Nov 19th, 2020 9:50 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5830 posts
1233 upvotes
Montreal

Help with a Canon Imageclass MF4370dn All-In-One Printer

My MF4370dn All-In-One had been working great connected by ethernet for a very long time. A few months ago, for whatever reason, it wasn't being sensed properly on my network without rebooting. It was then that I switched printing to USB instead. The switch to USB fixed the printing issues easily. However, the scan function still points to Network printing and I can't find how to change it.

I would even accept printing by USB and scanning over the network but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to configure it. After playing around with it for days, I've made matters worse in that now the network setting of the printer says it's driver is unavailable.

The problem is that when I press the scan button, it automatically goes to Network scanning and I haven't found a way to change it. I've been all over the Canon website and their tech support and also made my way to the Microsoft windows site. There are a lot of people with issues but none of the advice I've been able to find has been helpful.

The other problem is that the MF4370dn was bought in the time XP or maybe Windows 7 and there isn't a Windows 10 software version of the Canon software for it.

Is there anyone else who's lived through a similar issue that can help me?
Phils
6 replies
Jul 16, 2008
323 posts
104 upvotes
ON
I had a similar issue with my Canon AIO laser printer.

I re-installed the whole driver package, network usb scan patch, etc. Basically re-install the whole thing.

Now it's working fine.
Mar 5, 2018
227 posts
102 upvotes
I have a very old Canon ImageClass 4150d, had a hard time to get it work with Windows 2019. Finally, I have found a patch here, you may take a look:
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/port ... mageclass/

I think, you can try to uninstall old driver and reinstall the latest driver version and with the patch, it may work.

Good luck

Tom
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5830 posts
1233 upvotes
Montreal
j3390659 wrote: I had a similar issue with my Canon AIO laser printer.

I re-installed the whole driver package, network usb scan patch, etc. Basically re-install the whole thing.

Now it's working fine.
I'm afraid I'll probably have to do that. I'm just afraid that I'll do that and the reinstall won't work. I did update the drivers and the USB patch but nothing came of it.
TomShopper wrote: I have a very old Canon ImageClass 4150d, had a hard time to get it work with Windows 2019. Finally, I have found a patch here, you may take a look:
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/port ... mageclass/

I think, you can try to uninstall old driver and reinstall the latest driver version and with the patch, it may work.

Good luck

Tom
I did uninstall the old driver, installed and patched the new driver and even deleted and redetected the devices in Windows. My USB connection to the printer stopped working for a bit but I got it going again. However, I'm having zero luck on scanning even with an ethernet cable connected.
Phils
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5830 posts
1233 upvotes
Montreal
Do you think a different usb cable would help even though the currently installed cable works fine for printing?

That's an excellent article from Autodesk, BTW.
Phils
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5830 posts
1233 upvotes
Montreal
Well, after days of struggling I got it going again.

I had 3 issues:
I had manually set my printer IP address to 192.168.7 but in the settings I found that it was set elsewhere to 192.168.0.37

The second issue was that, for whatever reason, the Scangear app wasn't showing in my list of programs and when I searched and ran it. the window wouldn't open. I git working by running it from Windows Task Manager, had it find the scanner at 192.168.0.37.

The third issue was that when I tried to scan, I had a 162,0,0 error. I googled it and found that, if I just press the scan button a second time, scanning worked.
So it looks like I'm good now. All I have to do is remember all this after I haven't scanned in awhile.
Phils