[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2008
1054 posts
401 upvotes
Markham

help with condo propane line fittings

Hi,

I am trying to hook up my portable BBQ to the condo balcony propane line. The fitting seems to be a male 1/2 inch connection, but i dont see any adapter appropriate for hooking up to my bbq.

I already purchased this https://www.homedepot.ca/product/grillp ... 1000113120 . I believe I'm supposed to connect the regulator (black knob) female end to the propane line, but its way larger than the fitting.

Does anyone know which fitting/adapter I'm supposed to get ?

Thanks!
3 replies
Dec 28, 2004
190 posts
73 upvotes
Vancouver
Are you sure it’s a propane line in your condo and not natural gas? It might be different where you are but here it’s common for there to be natural gas hookups for your bbq not propane.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2008
1054 posts
401 upvotes
Markham
Red89GT wrote: Are you sure it’s a propane line in your condo and not natural gas? It might be different where you are but here it’s common for there to be natural gas hookups for your bbq not propane.
ah that would explain why i cant locate the proper fittings. Unfortunately, my portable bbq uses those 1 lb propane tanks - cuisinart cgg-240. I dont suppose this unit can be converted to use natural gas?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6813 posts
3798 upvotes
Mississauga
Probably not. Some bbq manufacturers used to make conversion kits but they weren't common. I'm guessing there was a liability problem too.

Fundamentally, it involves changing the jets in the mixing valve to change the air-fuel ratio (natural gas needs less air than propane to burn).