• Dec 2nd, 2019 12:36 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
1495 posts
572 upvotes

Help deciding between 2020 Lexus RX350 and RX450h

Hi guys,

I'm planning to lease one of the two models above for 40~48 months, but I'm trying to figure out which one to opt for. I will get 21,800 km per year. I'm not yet sure if I'll buy the car at the end of the lease, but the price differential between the two models seems to be roughly the cost of gas over 3 years. From what I've read the two cars are pretty much the same in other aspects with the hybrid being a little more 'fun' drive based on the reviews.

Other than the buy out price, is there any other factor I should look at for this?

I was reading that RX350 takes regular gas whereas RX450h requires premium. So, while I'd get additional mileage with the hybrid, I'd be paying for it at the pump. I imagine it would make sense to lease the hybrid if I was pretty clear that I'd buy it at the end of the lease but I'm not sure about it right now.
Realtor @ Royal LePage Ignite Realty
8 replies
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
3921 posts
1280 upvotes
BC
Buy whichever has higher resale value
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15709 posts
13447 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Make sure it’s garaged.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11454 posts
3718 upvotes
Toronto
#1 criteria is to buy a RX is to have a garage.
I will be very paranoid to park one of those outdoor....
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6724 posts
1018 upvotes
Ottawa
Yes, as stated above these are getting stolen every week. I still don’t understand how a major automaker is doing nothing about this “hack”.
May 22, 2019
443 posts
88 upvotes
Why not cosider NX300? It has an discount of $3500 now. But I am not sure what kind of gas does NX300 use. Maybe expert can tell us.
Clueless Fox wrote: Hi guys,

I'm planning to lease one of the two models above for 40~48 months, but I'm trying to figure out which one to opt for. I will get 21,800 km per year. I'm not yet sure if I'll buy the car at the end of the lease, but the price differential between the two models seems to be roughly the cost of gas over 3 years. From what I've read the two cars are pretty much the same in other aspects with the hybrid being a little more 'fun' drive based on the reviews.

Other than the buy out price, is there any other factor I should look at for this?

I was reading that RX350 takes regular gas whereas RX450h requires premium. So, while I'd get additional mileage with the hybrid, I'd be paying for it at the pump. I imagine it would make sense to lease the hybrid if I was pretty clear that I'd buy it at the end of the lease but I'm not sure about it right now.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11454 posts
3718 upvotes
Toronto
ilovetoyota wrote: Why not cosider NX300? It has an discount of $3500 now. But I am not sure what kind of gas does NX300 use. Maybe expert can tell us.
https://www.earnhardtlexus.com/blog/sho ... emium-gas/

NX300 Premium
NX300h Regular

RX is a lot bigger than the NX if size is OP's concern.
However, NX are made in Japan and RX are made in Canada.
For the Non Hybrid version, the RX consume a lot more gas than the NX
RX is about 10k more expensive than the NX, base vs base.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
1495 posts
572 upvotes
Thanks all, will definitely be keeping it in the garage. I'm not a fan of NX's interior at all so not going for that.

I ran the numbers and the difference comes out to approximately $400~$600 a year in favour of the regular 350 vs the hybrid. All other things being equal, the lower lease costs for the 350 more than offsets the additional gas expense of the regular model. Maybe more if the insurance rates and maintenance is higher for the hybrid variant. So, unless the sales guy gives me some special incentives to go for the hybrid, I'll likely be opting for the regular model, especially since I most likely will not be buying out the vehicle at the end of the lease term. It's too bad because I wanted to go hybrid this time around but it just doesn't seem to be adding up right now.
Realtor @ Royal LePage Ignite Realty
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11454 posts
3718 upvotes
Toronto
Clueless Fox wrote: Thanks all, will definitely be keeping it in the garage. I'm not a fan of NX's interior at all so not going for that.

I ran the numbers and the difference comes out to approximately $400~$600 a year in favour of the regular 350 vs the hybrid. All other things being equal, the lower lease costs for the 350 more than offsets the additional gas expense of the regular model. Maybe more if the insurance rates and maintenance is higher for the hybrid variant. So, unless the sales guy gives me some special incentives to go for the hybrid, I'll likely be opting for the regular model, especially since I most likely will not be buying out the vehicle at the end of the lease term. It's too bad because I wanted to go hybrid this time around but it just doesn't seem to be adding up right now.
I would go for the non hybrid as well and get the F-Sport. Smiling Face With Sunglasses