Computers & Electronics

Help, getting weird printing on my PC. Arabic?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2018 5:55 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
871 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC

Help, getting weird printing on my PC. Arabic?

On a couple of sites earlier I saw the odd bit of this printing. Arabic or something like that. I didn't pay too much attention to it until I brought up Google Maps. Every city name has this same type of printing above it. If I right click with the mouse, everything that comes up is printed this way.
I ran a quick scan and nothing, so now I'm doing a full scan but that takes forever.
I'll try to add a screen shot to this but my PC has also slowed down. I'm on my tablet at the moment.

Any ideas?
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
3 replies
Sep 12, 2008
245 posts
117 upvotes
Canada
Why not post a screenshot so we can see what it looks like. That should help. It could be something loaded accidentally. It doesn't necesarily have to be malicious.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
871 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
shplad wrote: Why not post a screenshot so we can see what it looks like. That should help. It could be something loaded accidentally. It doesn't necesarily have to be malicious.
I was able to get a screenshot but RFD was one of the sites my computer wouldn't open, so it will have to wait.
Ended up taking the PC to the computer hospital. When it's released I'll post the screen shot. It was really strange to see all this Arabic writing on Google Maps.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
poleman wrote: I was able to get a screenshot but RFD was one of the sites my computer wouldn't open, so it will have to wait.
Ended up taking the PC to the computer hospital. When it's released I'll post the screen shot. It was really strange to see all this Arabic writing on Google Maps.
You took your computer to a repair shop? Should have used your phones and posted pictures.

People here would have solved all the problems for free

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)