Entertainment

Help with a Home Theater Receiver (Marantz SR6013)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2020 7:55 pm
[OP]
Oct 25, 2013
49 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto

Help with a Home Theater Receiver (Marantz SR6013)

Hi, I'd like to know your opinion on this home theater receiver (Marantz SR6013) on sale at Gibbys.

https://gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca/ ... r-b-stock/

For $880 (B-Stock) is a pretty good deal on the old model? If so, should I get it or buy a new one or a different receiver? My budget would allow for $1000.

Thanks for your help.
4 replies
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2072 posts
1128 upvotes
I’d jump on that price. I bought a few years back the Marantz 7010 model from BestBuy Boxing Day deal (about the same price) and has been great for my setup at home. We got an update for Dolby Vision but still has issues streaming it going through my Xbox One X but yours was built with Dolby Vision support from the get go (if you have anything Dolby Vision display wise) You're going love Dolby Atmos/DTS:X sound when you get it all setup.
[external link removed]
[OP]
Oct 25, 2013
49 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
@Invader Gir Ya my TV is a Sony XBR-900F and it does support Dolby Vision. The reason I'm buying this cause I want true DTS Atmos sound from real speakers, not just a soundbar I'm having right now.

Ya, I just ordered the receiver.

Thanks
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2072 posts
1128 upvotes
I have the same tv in the 55” size. I love my receiver because of the ability of pass through for my various video sources (game systems, Oppo player, cable box and Apple TV) and video out to 2 separate devices. This could also be the cause of my streaming issue as my tv has Dolby Vision but my JVC NX7 projector (and all home projectors) does not. So it could just be trying to pick from the 2 sources and just confusing itself because it was only a patch job
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2001
1453 posts
123 upvotes
I would get the anthem 520 or 720. A bit more but better sound and better ARC room correction. However for $900, you can't beat that.
All is not golde that outward shewith bright...lydgate