• Dec 23rd, 2019 7:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4073 posts
529 upvotes
T.O.

Help identify rims

Bought the car second hand a while back. It came with the winter rims. Got my rims swapped last year at Costco (warden). Now I noticed this year, that i’m missing the hub caps. Both Costco and the dealer said that they don’t know. I don’t think the rims are OEM. I Remember vaguely that they may be BSS, but cannot find a similar rims. Any help is much appreciated.
Images
  • 5C0C79A6-ACEF-4680-A85A-B09E2BAC2DB3.jpeg
  • 14DB3053-D90F-47A3-A45A-92832DA17FF3.png
Last edited by Traian2003 on Dec 22nd, 2019 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
24 replies
Sep 25, 2018
659 posts
1203 upvotes
Just take the rim off, the make/model is probably written somewhere on the inside.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2008
1249 posts
46 upvotes
Markham
The rims are definitely not OEM, because they have two sets of lug patterns.

You should be able to pop in any center cap
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5277 posts
2840 upvotes
Toronto
Traian2003 wrote: Bought the car second hand a while back. It came with the winter rims. Got my rims swapped last year at Costco (warden). Now I noticed this year, that i’m missing the hub caps. Both Costco and the dealer said that they don’t know. I don’t think the rims are OEM. I Remember vaguely that they may be BSS, but cannot find a similar rims. Any help is much appreciated.
RSSW rims from CT.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4073 posts
529 upvotes
T.O.
AlicW93740 wrote: Just take the rim off, the make/model is probably written somewhere on the inside.
Tried, cannot find anything.
themagekiler wrote: The rims are definitely not OEM, because they have two sets of lug patterns.

You should be able to pop in any center cap
They seem to have a special shape, as it does not have a lip to hold the plastic anchors.
peteryorkuca wrote: RSSW rims from CT.
Looked thru their rims and none seem to have these rims.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1117 posts
597 upvotes
Looks like a knock off of the OZ Racing Ultraleggera's
Images
  • d1d3bf0fd7518db86aea0af1c687fbd7.jpg
THE CHILDREN ARE FINE!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4073 posts
529 upvotes
T.O.
Found another pic but cannot make up the brand :(
Images
  • 7EFACB1D-6004-46AF-A359-9B6A7E8CA709.png
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4073 posts
529 upvotes
T.O.
Thanks for the feedback. Neither one seems to be similar. Note how the hubcap covers the whole area including the lugs. Where all of these simply have a small hub cap covering the centre.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3766 posts
2678 upvotes
Toronto
There are a million replica cast wheel brands out there. Probably labelled on the back somewhere, or if they're extra crappy ones maybe not...
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1117 posts
597 upvotes
It's not the same as the one I linked because you have the knockoff ones, but's its probably closest in spoke design.
As CoolDudeClan said....there are lots of lowkey replica ones and you'll be hard pressed to find the right ones
THE CHILDREN ARE FINE!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
4994 posts
2405 upvotes
Ottawa
Centre caps are not universal. As others have said, there should be identifying markings somewhere in the wheel that will give a start to the search for centre caps. If it is an old and discontinued aftermarket rim (which is likely), finding centre caps will be difficult. Still, it's worth the trouble to sleuth it.

Your tires, Toyo Observe G-02 plus haven't been made/sold in years. While you take off the wheel, check the date code which is undoubtedly on the inside sidewall. If your tires are over 6 years old, you should reconsider driving on them - especially if your vehicle is heavy.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
28521 posts
13869 upvotes
Toronto
OP, Drag makes the closest looking wheel to yours
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35223 posts
21198 upvotes
Center of Universe
BeaverLiquor wrote: Measure the centre bore, buy some blanks, and put whatever stickers you want on them.
He needs a center cap to cover the entire hole, lug nuts and all.
Oct 9, 2005
488 posts
71 upvotes
Thornhill
Honestly OP I don't think it's worth the effort and $50 to find a set of center caps for unknown/replica wheels. Just run without them, it'll have surface rust but it'll be fine. If you need to have it because it needs to look good, consider replacing the entire set of wheels and tires and sell the old set for dirt cheap for like $100. People might still want a set of cheap alloys instead of steelies for winter tires.
Hi
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5650 posts
3219 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: He needs a center cap to cover the entire hole, lug nuts and all.
Maybe able to find on on eBay or one of the Chinese sites but more than likely the shops that sold those rims will not have spares for sale. Easiest is to just cover the centre and leave the rest.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8942 posts
10120 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Close both but those Velocity’s are a 5 pair spoke whereas OP’s is a 6 pair.

Finding the covers for these after market alloys is rather difficult and if you special order they are quite expensive. But I agree with the OP, some kind of cover would improve the look.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12140 posts
6693 upvotes
Brampton
vkizzle wrote: He needs a center cap to cover the entire hole, lug nuts and all.
Good luck to him then because thats not how those rims work no matter how badly he wants it to.