Help Identifying Cantilever Umbrella

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2021 6:27 am
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 13, 2021
3 posts

Help Identifying Cantilever Umbrella

We have a cantilever umbrella on our roof deck that needs replacing. The umbrella has this massively heavy granite base that the pole of the umbrella snaps into. I would rather buy the same brand of umbrella so I do not have to deal with moving the base. The pole is rectagular and the base has a release lever. Here is a photo. Can anyone help
Umbrella base.jpg
? Thanks.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
4988 posts
2400 upvotes
Ottawa
There are so many brands and varieties of cantilevered umbrellas out there and they come and go. Getting replacement hardware is next to impossible unless it is a very expensive brand name - and even then.

The base appears to be bolted into a paver (I may be wrong, the snow in the picture may be hiding something important) and from what I can see that collar is hides the bolts that bolt the umbrella's post into the paver. There may be a metal plate under the paver that secures the post and ensures that the bolts don't individually break loose. Again, it's hard to tell.

Good luck!
Apr 1, 2010
74 posts
74 upvotes
looks like the base from the style selections cantilever umbrella from Lowes

Link

instruction manual can be found here:

Link

Purchased this a couple years ago .. It's held up very well for us even though there are several negative reviews on the site..
[OP]
Feb 13, 2021
3 posts
IMG_1676.jpg
IMG_1677.jpg
Thanks to you both. Here are the base and the connection under the plastic covers if it helps.
Apr 1, 2010
74 posts
74 upvotes
Yes the base is identical to the umbrella I linked above… the pedal is not to release the base from the post, but to allow you to rotate the umbrella … if you look at the channel in the post, about a foot above the base, you should see a hex bolt … remove the bolt and the post will life right off the base.