Computers & Electronics

Help with IPad purchase

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2019 11:21 pm
Sep 11, 2011
370 posts
142 upvotes

Help with IPad purchase

I want to buy my mom a new IPad for Mother's Day. She currently has an ipad 4 and it's slow and upgrade much anymore.She doesn't watch movies on it, plays candy crush/card games, pretty much using it for basic stuff.
The Shopping Channel has iPads on sale today with extra stuff thrown in.
Is this a good deal?

https://www.tsc.ca/pages/productdetails ... ple_662001
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2989 posts
2030 upvotes
Calgary
I'd just get a base iPad and add a case (keyboard case if needed). The other accessories look to be pretty bottom-of-the-barrel type stuff and are just there to make it look like a better deal than it really is.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
Tech live connect is a scam, google it
To the moon
Sep 11, 2011
370 posts
142 upvotes
Devhux wrote: I'd just get a base iPad and add a case (keyboard case if needed). The other accessories look to be pretty bottom-of-the-barrel type stuff and are just there to make it look like a better deal than it really is.
Without the extra junk added in is the price of the iPad decent or can I get a better price somewhere else? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3173 posts
2244 upvotes
Winnipeg
$549 for 32GB? No way!

Get it for nearly 200 less from the source.

Or if u have amerifriend coming up its $250us at Walmart.com
Last edited by FrostyWinnipeg on Apr 28th, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22160 posts
10326 upvotes
Toronto
Good price for the fido iPad but I tried two stores and couldn't get it because I'm not a fido customer.

As per the website:

Apple iPad 6 32 GB at $0 down with Easy Pay® on a 2-year $15 3 GB/month tablet data plan added to an eligible Fido postpaid mobile plan (voice-only, data-only, Fido Home Phone and prepaid plans not eligible). Early cancellation fees apply. Taxes extra.
May 29, 2004
559 posts
175 upvotes
Check the model year the latest one is 2019. TSC probably selling the older model. Also, as sickcars point out that Refurbished is not bad either. If you plan to purchase refurbished at apple be sure to use ebates.ca so you can get cash back.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12019 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
audit13 wrote: Good price for the fido iPad but I tried two stores and couldn't get it because I'm not a fido customer.

As per the website:

Apple iPad 6 32 GB at $0 down with Easy Pay® on a 2-year $15 3 GB/month tablet data plan added to an eligible Fido postpaid mobile plan (voice-only, data-only, Fido Home Phone and prepaid plans not eligible). Early cancellation fees apply. Taxes extra.
I guess it depends on the store. I went to a Fido Store in Upper Canada Mall and I am not a Fido customer. I got the tablet and the 3 Gig data plan