• Dec 15th, 2020 1:21 pm
[OP]
May 7, 2014
76 posts
14 upvotes
Winnipeg , MB

Help me choose between Continental DWS-06 and Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3+

Hi,
I live in Winnipeg and looking for new all season tires for my C300 . Looking for nothing in particular , just a nice comfortable ride.

I will be doing most of the driving in Summer ,but would drive about once a week in winter as well . Both tires are almost the same price from quattrotires .

Continental EXTREME CONTACT DWS-06 91W
Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ 91V

Also I am open for suggestion if there is a different tire

Thanks
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31265 posts
17833 upvotes
Toronto
tirerack ranks the PS A/S 3+ a bit higher. If you trust that ranking, then go with Michelin.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/te ... p?ttid=230

Do note there is a newer version is just out for the Michelin, it's PS A/S 4. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... l+Season+4

Michelin’s latest all-season ultra-high-performance tire generation improves on past models with 4% better dry braking, 5% better wet braking and 10% more snow traction. With up to 29% more tread life than leading competitors

https://www.quattrotires.com/tires/pilo ... l-season-4
https://www.blackcircles.ca/en/tire/mic ... port-a-s-4
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
12632 posts
4242 upvotes
Ontario
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Winnipeg get a lot of snow usually? Either way i would get a set of dedicated winter tires as it will be much better then the best all season tires. Then get another summer/all season tire for the summer months.

between those 2 i would go with Michelin since its the best, but you may want to go with the newest version as posted above. But I still say get dedicated winter tires.
stevesingh wrote: Hi,
I live in Winnipeg and looking for new all season tires for my C300 . Looking for nothing in particular , just a nice comfortable ride.

I will be doing most of the driving in Summer ,but would drive about once a week in winter as well . Both tires are almost the same price from quattrotires .

Continental EXTREME CONTACT DWS-06 91W
Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ 91V

Also I am open for suggestion if there is a different tire

Thanks
Dec 5, 2007
472 posts
35 upvotes
Hamilton
Michelin AS3+ but also do yourself a favour and get a set of dedicated winter tires.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4213 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto
I have the DWS06 on one of my cars for the last 3 years. They were surprisingly pretty good during the first snowfall in the GTA. I'm switching back to dedicated winter tires this year though. Otherwise pretty happy with them other than a little bit louder road noise.
Jan 2, 2019
392 posts
56 upvotes
I have the continental dws06 on my car. I like it, the ride feels comfortable to me.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2130 posts
1117 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been running Michelin Pilot Sport As 3+ for a few years now. Probably the best all season tire I've run. Pros are good grip and feedback on dry roads handles well for an AS tire. Wet roads handles pretty good too I've gone through larger puddles and disperses water well. For a grippy tire durability has been surprisingly good. I don't drive it on snow days so I can't comment on that like others have said if you plan on driving on any kind of snow do yourself and any of your passengers a favor and get a set of snow tires. Cons are that the ride is on the harsh side and tires are on the noisy side but that is the offset of having better performance.

I can't comment from experience but have heard the DWS06 are good in the wet but not as good on the dry as the AS 3+.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31664 posts
12993 upvotes
DWS is one of the few no-seasons that has some "sort of okay" performance in the snow/winter. However I would still never recommend buying or using no-seasons at any time.
May 26, 2020
76 posts
181 upvotes
I have A/S 3+. No complaints so far, good grip, great wet traction. Looking at reviews, you probably can’t go wrong either way.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
11789 posts
5715 upvotes
I had the A/S 3+ on my sentra from couple of years. I thought they were an excellent tire.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)