[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
2248 posts
637 upvotes
Maple

Help me get started with PC gaming.

Hey guys,

I recently acquired a a very capable PC that can handle any game from here on out....at least for a few years.

I am mainly using a PS4, so PC gaming is foreign to me. Where should I start? I have the ability to hook the PC up to a 1080p projector and will more than likely be using that method to play games and use an Xbox one controller with the wireless adapter ( or ps4? which is better? ) When I do use the HDMI out what handles the sound? can I get full 7.1 lossless audio? the PC I have has very good on board sound.

if I dont use the TV, i will be using a 34" 21x9 monitor at 1440p

Thanks
4 replies
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12031 posts
2638 upvotes
corcoran_chris wrote: Hey guys,

I recently acquired a a very capable PC that can handle any game from here on out....at least for a few years.

I am mainly using a PS4, so PC gaming is foreign to me. Where should I start? I have the ability to hook the PC up to a 1080p projector and will more than likely be using that method to play games and use an Xbox one controller with the wireless adapter ( or ps4? which is better? ) When I do use the HDMI out what handles the sound? can I get full 7.1 lossless audio? the PC I have has very good on board sound.

if I dont use the TV, i will be using a 34" 21x9 monitor at 1440p

Thanks
What is this sacrilege?

PC gaming is all about monitors with keyboard and mouse.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3855 posts
1056 upvotes
What's the spec of said very capable pc? And what kind of games do you play?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5021 posts
907 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote: What is this sacrilege?

PC gaming is all about monitors with keyboard and mouse.
Nope, it's all about sitting on the couch, hence the Steam Link. ;)