None
[OP]
May 1, 2012
112 posts
12 upvotes
Markham

Help needed for deck lumber cut

Hi, guys,

I try to replace my worn deck with new lumbers from HD. I need some triangles, and it is so hard to cut triangle with my circular saw. I went to HD, they told me they can only help cut short. Any suggestions for DIY are welcome.

Thanks

Rob
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2706 upvotes
ON
Buy a mitre saw.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10274 posts
2869 upvotes
what are you finding hard with a circ saw? it has the measurements and the blade swivels to get the perfect angle cut. at least any that I have used.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2208 posts
1436 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
Get a couple of clamps and a straight piece of lumber and clamp it to the board you want to cut, at the angle you want, etc. The saw will follow that edge.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6649 posts
2253 upvotes
GTA
Not to insult you OP but the combination of obvious newbie and a circular saw doesn't always end well. Google kickback, watch a few You tube vids and learn how to properly support lumber being cut.
Are you making diagonal cuts or actually cutting triangles....if its just cutting boards on an angle it shouldn't be difficult with a circ saw....if you are attempting to cut boards with a triangle(point) that will be difficult to get perfect results with a circ saw.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4340 posts
559 upvotes
Messed Up Area
If there end boards that need the triangle cut just install them square with overhand then come back and draw your line and cut.

Miter saw is best solution and a good investment.

Another option is buy a miter box ( about $10-15 ) and use a hand saw and cut your angles.
[OP]
May 1, 2012
112 posts
12 upvotes
Markham
Thank you all. Might need more practice