Help with Nintendo Game Sharing with 2 Supervised Accounts

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2020 5:46 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1451 posts
305 upvotes

Help with Nintendo Game Sharing with 2 Supervised Accounts

I've read the various posts on primary/secondary consoles and how to game share digital Nintendo game purchases, but I'm having trouble applying that to my situation. I'm hoping someone can help me sort out the confusion I have where I bought my 2 kids each a Switch Lite a while ago. They're both under 18, so I created each a user profile (supervised under family group) and each of their consoles link to my Nintendo Account.

I want to buy the digital copy of Animal Crossings to both can play at the same time. How do I go about doing this? Right now, because both consoles link to my Nintendo Account, they cannot play the same game at the same time. Thanks for your help!
2 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Old post from way back but this should answer your question:

nintendo-eshop-black-friday-sale-2333168/7/

I always buy the physical carts unless it is a game that is available digitally only.
These other posters answer the digital version sharing question.

Quotes that answer your question for a household with 3 Nintendo Switches with digitally purchased games shared on one account:

jiayejoe wrote: The online requirement is only needed if you have more than one Switch, on the ones that are not listed as your "Primary Switch" for your account.

For example, you have 3 Switches. You can download your digital games on all Switches by using the account that purchase the game. Your account must have a "Primary Switch" attached to it, so let's you have :
Switch A : Primary Console
Switch B: Secondary Console
Switch C: Secondary Console

Switch A will never require Internet connection to launch the game since it's your primary console, but Switch B & Switch C will need internet access to launch the game.

JonSnow wrote: You can play the same game on multiple systems, based on the example in this thread. Since A is primary and does not need to check in, use any other profile other than the one that bought the game. Switch A will let you play under any profile online or offline. With Switch B/C you have to be connected to the Internet and can only play with the profile that bought the game. I don't think there is a way to play on 3 system at the same time.

My nephew and I both have a switch, his Switch is set as primary on my Nintendo account, he uses my profile to download games i bought then signs into his profile to play. I use my switch normally with my Nintendo account, i just always have to be online. For my switch i created a secondary Nintendo account so that i can set my switch as primary if it ever gets lost.
jiayejoe wrote: Thanks for the clarification. So that confirms you can play on:
A (online/offline) & B (online)
A (online/offline) & C (online)
but not B & C at the same time
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1451 posts
305 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: Old post from way back but this should answer your question:

nintendo-eshop-black-friday-sale-2333168/7/

I always buy the physical carts unless it is a game that is available digitally only.
These other posters answer the digital version sharing question.

Quotes that answer your question for a household with 3 Nintendo Switches with digitally purchased games shared on one account:
Thanks! Managed to get it working!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)