Help with pricing on 2014 Audi A4 Komfort

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2018 5:49 pm
[OP]
Oct 30, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote

Help with pricing on 2014 Audi A4 Komfort

I'm looking at an accident free, used 2014 Audi A4 Komfort with 43k kms listed for $22,888. What would be a fair pricing that's good for me and the dealer? So far, dealer has not budged at all and he is pretty firm on the pricing. Thanks.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/audi/a4/milt ... 1111549757
15 replies
Dec 24, 2009
820 posts
461 upvotes
They got it for 18 or less so anything over 18500 is likely their profit. I'd offer 20
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29407 posts
15203 upvotes
Toronto
agree. 20 + taxes only is fair. Besides, there is likely no more factory warranty on the car.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1931 posts
709 upvotes
Kitchener
Based on the pictures its clear that the vehicle was in QC (dash and infotainment is in French).... might want to get it checked out by a mechanic to ensure it hasn't been in an accident.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for your inputs!
I've left an offer for 20k
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1960 posts
460 upvotes
m4r 1k8
even 19k would be a good offer. id oubt people are jumping up for offers.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Hindenburg1 wrote: I'd avoid Quebec like a plague
Could you elaborate why? I've looked far and wide and more than 80% A4 sedans in Ontario have some sort of repairs done. This was the only clean car available at right price and I havent yet been able to find anything wrong with it. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1960 posts
460 upvotes
m4r 1k8
srbnow wrote: Could you elaborate why? I've looked far and wide and more than 80% A4 sedans in Ontario have some sort of repairs done. This was the only clean car available at right price and I havent yet been able to find anything wrong with it. Thanks!
thats because in Quebec not all accidents are reported / insurance claims are visible.

something to keep your eyes out for. I'd only agree after having a prepurchase inspection.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
ed116 wrote: thats because in Quebec not all accidents are reported / insurance claims are visible.

something to keep your eyes out for. I'd only agree after having a prepurchase inspection.
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1525 posts
1395 upvotes
ed116 wrote: thats because in Quebec not all accidents are reported / insurance claims are visible.

This is spot on. There is just too much shadiness. Rewinded odometers. Accidents not reported, cheaply repaired. Definitely do a good inspection or make sure it's an official Audi dealer with their certified pre-owned protection.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Hindenburg1 wrote: This is spot on. There is just too much shadiness. Rewinded odometers. Accidents not reported, cheaply repaired. Definitely do a good inspection or make sure it's an official Audi dealer with their certified pre-owned protection.
Thanks Hindenburg1
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6004 posts
676 upvotes
Stouffville, ON

add to that the following:

- Compared to Ontario, the snow removal procedure is pathetic relatively
- The roads are in poor repair and thus suspension probably has taken a beating (ball joints, control arms, bushings, mounts, etc.)
--
I like detailing cars!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1960 posts
460 upvotes
m4r 1k8
m4gician wrote: add to that the following:

- Compared to Ontario, the snow removal procedure is pathetic relatively
- The roads are in poor repair and thus suspension probably has taken a beating (ball joints, control arms, bushings, mounts, etc.)
yeah not to mention that their city is literally on top of a hill either its weight is distributed to the back or the front at all times lol

and yes winter time quebec salt is shockingly higher then ontarios
Banned
Oct 10, 2016
758 posts
333 upvotes
peelhic wrote: Based on the pictures its clear that the vehicle was in QC (dash and infotainment is in French).... might want to get it checked out by a mechanic to ensure it hasn't been in an accident.
Sorry but I don't get the Quebec thing. I live in Quebec and if I crash and get the car repaired it will go on the Carproof/Carfax.
The only thing that people don't understand is the salvage thing. Here it's call VGA(Vehicule gravement accidenté) which means a write off that was rebuild. A car that was rebuild will show on the registration papers it will show Reconstruit (rebuild)
Those are not easy to get insured and dealers don't take them as trade ins and are also impossible to finance.
The law changed in 1995...so all the stories that people are hearing are old stuff from back in the days.

As for the people who think odometer correction only happens in Quebec.....Ontario have as much maybe more people doing odometer rollback for way cheaper then here. I know so because I know some people in that business and I lived in Toronto,

And for the reported accident let me chime on that: I hit a deer in 2011 in Brantford(I was living in Ontario back then). Fast forward I sold the car many years later and IT never showed on the Carproof.....15K damage(Bent frame everything insurance fixed it they didnt want to total the car). I went to the OPP in Woodstock to fill up an accident report car came out clean on car carproof and still to this day car is clean titled. It happened in Ontario not in Quebec

Ontario:
https://www.kijiji.ca/b-ontario/odomete ... 04?dc=true

QC:
https://www.kijiji.ca/b-quebec/odometer ... 01?dc=true

Only 1 ad in Quebec vs many in Ontario

That's if one knows nobody to do the work