• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2010 11:39 am
[OP]
Mar 12, 2005
987 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto

help: remotely connecting to office network

i've recently taken on extra projects which require that i work outside normal business hours...
problem is that there are certain programs and databases (which i need to use) that are only available on the office network...

rather than spending all day + night at the office, i'd rather spend more time at home with my wife and new son, and work on the project intermittently (e.g. when he's sleeping)

any suggestions?

thanks a million
Winner of an XBox 360... Wednesday October 26th

On December 24th 2005, Trolldealhunter wrote "i dont want to see this year going to waste, last year the Tsunami made me miss the deals" ... talk about perspective when it comes to Boxing Day deals...
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
4455 posts
48 upvotes
z_squared wrote:
Sep 18th, 2010 3:05 pm
i've recently taken on extra projects which require that i work outside normal business hours...
problem is that there are certain programs and databases (which i need to use) that are only available on the office network...

rather than spending all day + night at the office, i'd rather spend more time at home with my wife and new son, and work on the project intermittently (e.g. when he's sleeping)

any suggestions?

thanks a million

Your office IT will need to setup a VPN or something..Nothing that we can do for you!
Wanna get a REAL Canadian Job?
Thanks for being a great community, RFD!
[/COLOR]
[OP]
Mar 12, 2005
987 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
CodecX81 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2010 3:18 pm
Your office IT will need to setup a VPN or something..Nothing that we can do for you!

thanks
Winner of an XBox 360... Wednesday October 26th

On December 24th 2005, Trolldealhunter wrote "i dont want to see this year going to waste, last year the Tsunami made me miss the deals" ... talk about perspective when it comes to Boxing Day deals...
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2006
1325 posts
44 upvotes
Mississauga
Ask your IT, if you can install "Logmein Free" in your office workstation. See if it works. If not, ask them why. Else, request for a VPN access.
Apr 18, 2010
77 posts
11 upvotes
If you are using windows 7 professional or ultimate at office then you can use inbuilt feature of OS remotely connecting your office computer and access that computer from home as if you are sitting in front of it.