• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2020 5:16 pm
[OP]
Mar 31, 2017
544 posts
495 upvotes

Help required to de-mystify car insurance

Hi Friends

I am in a process to finance a Car and looking for insurance. I want to know what does below clause in image says about insurance.
Images
  • 3B2F0EDA-9B10-4CAF-8286-BFC6F96903F8.jpeg
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1404 posts
694 upvotes
It means that when you get your insurance you have to make sure that Honda is on the insurance details since they own the car and you are leasing it. They have probably also asked for minimum coverage - in the case of BMW it was $2M liability
Just provide this to your insurance company.
[OP]
Mar 31, 2017
544 posts
495 upvotes
Thanks a lot. Looks like I need to talk to my insurance company.
Do I need to insure Finance amount?
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1404 posts
694 upvotes
Capindy wrote: Thanks a lot. Looks like I need to talk to my insurance company.
You just need to give the insurance company the details that Honda provided and they will do the rest.
They will need : date of lease, is the car brand new, demo, etc, value of the car, VIN, any modifications, Honda name and address (which Honda provided). Rest is standard insurance stuff i.e. dependent on your driving record
Jun 14, 2016
474 posts
269 upvotes
Calgary
Honda Finance is asking that you get full coverage on the vehicle, comprehensive and collision coverage (max deductible $1000) with a minimum $1M liability coverage. This is to ensure that until the car is paid off, if anything were to happen, it'd be covered under insurance.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
9257 posts
1816 upvotes
Ontario
no, you only need to list the leinholder on the policy and conform to their requirements in regards to the liability and physical damage coverage's.
Capindy wrote: Thanks a lot. Looks like I need to talk to my insurance company.
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience
Nov 23, 2014
91 posts
102 upvotes
Regina, SK
vernonco wrote: ... since they own the car and you are leasing it.
It's financed, not leased, so they don't own the car (but do have a lien on it). Still, they are just making sure their loan is covered in case of a total loss.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1404 posts
694 upvotes
100OceanSpray wrote: It's financed, not leased, so they don't own the car (but do have a lien on it). Still, they are just making sure their loan is covered in case of a total loss.
Sorry, yes. Its financed not leased and as you said the outcome is the same - the car company is making sure their loan is covered.