• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2009 12:59 am
[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
821 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton

Help with savings account choice...

Alright here's the scenario... Me and my fiance are looking at setting up a savings account in which we can make deposits to so we can put money away for our wedding / a down payment on a house.... but It seems like there's a million different choices out there...

Basically what we're looking for is an account that has low monthly fee's but does not put ridiculous restrictions on the amount of transactions that can be performed a month...

Any help is appreciated! open to all banks in Alberta...
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21012 posts
5594 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
1. Joint bank accounts when you are not married is just asking for trouble. Sure you are certain that you will get married, etc... An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Keep separate accounts.

2. Savings accounts are heavily discussed on this forum. Threads about two of them are currently listed on the first page of this Financial Forum. Top contenders are PC Financial, People's Trust and ING Direct.
- casual gastronomist -
[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
821 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton
As for the joint bank account... it will not be a bank account that our money is going directly into... we'll be keeping our own seperate savings... while putting equal amounts into this secondary account..

I have checked out PC financial... however doesn't ING require you to have an existing account?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2008
1720 posts
506 upvotes
mcmanus wrote: As for the joint bank account... it will not be a bank account that our money is going directly into... we'll be keeping our own seperate savings... while putting equal amounts into this secondary account..

I have checked out PC financial... however doesn't ING require you to have an existing account?
The only kind of non-registered account that ING offers is their savings account (ISA in ING lingo).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)