• Jul 25th, 2020 9:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8910 posts
2245 upvotes
Mont-Royal

Help for Suspension kit installation

I would like to hang an acrylic pannel 1' x 4' of 1/4 thickness with bought on aliexpress https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32813077 ... 6c37jz363Y for business

My question is should I drill a partiel hole in the acrylic so that the small bolt can partially enters or should I just use the default silicone that pushes it against the acrylic?

There are no instructions...

thanks!
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5045 posts
2734 upvotes
GTA
I'd imagine you just tighten it on the panel, no need to drill holes, maybe add some loctite so the set screw doesn't back out.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8910 posts
2245 upvotes
Mont-Royal
shabby wrote: I'd imagine you just tighten it on the panel, no need to drill holes, maybe add some loctite so the set screw doesn't back out.
thanks. Will it be a problem if I want one day to remove it?

which loctite? https://www.rona.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... ds=loctite

Do I put loctite everywhere on the bolt?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5045 posts
2734 upvotes
GTA
Any will do really, just a drop on the thread is enough. Shouldn't be any issue removing it, if there is just heat it up with a lighter.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11947 posts
7119 upvotes
Paris
I think you want blue loctite for this endeavour.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8910 posts
2245 upvotes
Mont-Royal
shabby wrote: Any will do really, just a drop on the thread is enough. Shouldn't be any issue removing it, if there is just heat it up with a lighter.
Jerico wrote: I think you want blue loctite for this endeavour.
A quick question, i just found out the bolt can be interset almost all the way horizontally. so it can enter into a hole drilled with around 1cm from the top edge. in that case, is it better to fo with this route?
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5045 posts
2734 upvotes
GTA
You're overthinking something so simple as this, do what you feel is more sturdy, in this case drill a hole.