• Aug 24th, 2015 2:51 pm
[OP]
Dec 26, 2012
60 posts
30 upvotes
New Brunswick

Help with Treadmills!

Hey Everyone,

First and foremost, let me apologize if this is in the wrong place. If so, mods, could you please move it to the necessary forum.

I am looking to purchase a treadmill and am baffled on how many options there are. I don't necessarily have a budget per say but I definitely don't need anything that is overkill. Just a basic treadmill with incline and a few different speeds should be more than sufficient. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on roughly how much I should be spending, any brand recommendations, or website/store recommendations. As said, my knowledge of fitness equipment is fairly limited to say the least so I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

Cheers
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6739 posts
6431 upvotes
Ottawa
My post is not helpful at all but I'm more curious what the "good" brands are and what the ones to stay from are.
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
JayRich1 wrote: Hey Everyone,

First and foremost, let me apologize if this is in the wrong place. If so, mods, could you please move it to the necessary forum.

I am looking to purchase a treadmill and am baffled on how many options there are. I don't necessarily have a budget per say but I definitely don't need anything that is overkill. Just a basic treadmill with incline and a few different speeds should be more than sufficient. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on roughly how much I should be spending, any brand recommendations, or website/store recommendations. As said, my knowledge of fitness equipment is fairly limited to say the least so I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

Cheers
canadian tire usuakky has 50 percent noff treadmills evey week. Check them. Also costco has top of the line ones like reebok. You will pay a little more but well worth it.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2012
60 posts
30 upvotes
New Brunswick
Konowl wrote: My post is not helpful at all but I'm more curious what the "good" brands are and what the ones to stay from are.
Would also be interested in this. Curious if anyone has any suggestions on brands.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1511 posts
541 upvotes
Calgary
Reebok aren't top of the line.

Look for one with at least a 2.5 chp motor. And try them out to see if they are stable for running on.

I recommend one that will accept a wireless heart rate monitor. Running and trying to hold onto the handles sucks and some won't allow it.

Stuff like a fan, iPod hook ups, built in speakers are just fluff and not needed. Pretty much all will come with basic programs (manual controls, heart rate zones that will increase/decrease the incline as needed, 5km, hill programs.).