Help with Universiy switching

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2015 4:50 am
[OP]
Feb 12, 2015
1 posts
London, ON

Help with Universiy switching

Hi, guys I am in my grade 12 year and I have already applied to my three universities. My goal is to go to law school in UofT so I applied to UofT, Ryerson and UofO. I live in London, Ontario and I made a mistake by not applying here. I wanted to go to Toronto so I can get a head start but I very quickly came to the realization that I am financial incapable of handling that many years away from home. I want to go to Western for Social Work to use as a backup and I will apply to Law school from London after my four years. If I can I will also do my GMAT later on and get an MBA but that is too far into the future.

I really need your help, can I apply to the program at Western even though the applications are done and I am waiting for my offers. Do I have to do a full year then switch back to Western. I want to stay with my parents, however, I want to get a head start in Toronto. Should I just try Toronto and transfer or what? Please reply quick!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2011
3048 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
Juveomar wrote: Hi, guys I am in my grade 12 year and I have already applied to my three universities. My goal is to go to law school in UofT so I applied to UofT, Ryerson and UofO. I live in London, Ontario and I made a mistake by not applying here. I wanted to go to Toronto so I can get a head start but I very quickly came to the realization that I am financial incapable of handling that many years away from home. I want to go to Western for Social Work to use as a backup and I will apply to Law school from London after my four years. If I can I will also do my GMAT later on and get an MBA but that is too far into the future.

I really need your help, can I apply to the program at Western even though the applications are done and I am waiting for my offers. Do I have to do a full year then switch back to Western. I want to stay with my parents, however, I want to get a head start in Toronto. Should I just try Toronto and transfer or what? Please reply quick!
You can (1) do one year and transfer or (2) take a year off and then reapply.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1111 posts
912 upvotes
Absolutely perplexed as to why you would create a RFD account just for this, when you could make one quick phone call or send an email and get a confirmed response as opposed to 12 different RFD opinions. "can I apply to the program at Western even though the applications are done" when UWO admissions are really the only ones who can give you a sure-fire response to your question.

http://welcome.uwo.ca/connect_with_west ... ct_us.html

Western Student Services Building
London, Ontario CANADA N6A 3K7
Tel: 519-661-2100
Fax: 519-661-3710
Email: [email protected]
Dec 29, 2014
12 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
YOU CAN STILL APPLY!!
Just add Western now and pay the $44 for your 4th choice. Honestly, you can add applications and switch out your universities to another school by deleting if you wanted and it wouldn't cost you anything up until the AIS forms come out in June. I switched out my program (deleted UOIT for Ryerson) and got accepted and this was in May of last year. Admissions are at an ongoing basis so submitting an application or switching now is not too late especially since many people are still waiting like you are because unis are waiting for all 6 final/midterm marks, so I say add or switch out one of the programs you have NOW!

Good luck!