• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2019 3:32 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8593 posts
3983 upvotes
Markham
chiggyv wrote: Fair point. I hadn't actually looked at what their policies are with used gear. It's certainly not apples to apples.

I will proffer that with a proper inspection of the camera/lens when buying off Kijiji you're probably pretty safe without 90 days warranty.
I think it depends how much you know . You know alot, so kijiji is a good place
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1376 posts
1174 upvotes
I took a look and didn't find a thing I want at the prices I want. But good luck!
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20940 posts
3485 upvotes
YUL
Haven;t kept an eye on used market prices for a while. Is $1079 for an X-Pro2 in 8 condition a good deal?
Jul 23, 2008
142 posts
46 upvotes
I currently have the Nikon D7000. Is it worth buying a D700? How do you find the shutter count on these used cameras?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1323 posts
1462 upvotes
GTA
dilr86 wrote: I currently have the Nikon D7000. Is it worth buying a D700? How do you find the shutter count on these used cameras?
You have to weigh a D700 and it's age vs. a new (or newer used) D750. D750s have been discounted a lot by Nikon.

You need to go to the store (or buy online), take a picture on a memory card, then check EXIF data for that picture. Same as for any camera. If you call the store that has that used item, they may have the shutter count as well.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14908 posts
7853 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dilr86 wrote: I currently have the Nikon D7000. Is it worth buying a D700? How do you find the shutter count on these used cameras?
Having used both for large projects, you have to look at what you are gaining and losing with each one. I like the D700 and the D7000 but for different reasons...

D700 -
* Nice image quality even for such an old body.
* Low noise
* Good solid AF
* FF so that your average wide angle lens is actually wide angle
* Solid body
* Good for standard landscapes
* Not compatible with DX lenses

D7000 -
* Good picture quality but has a bit of noise due to the DX format
* Autofocus issues at times when wanting to pick just one focus point - ie using a single focus point to shoot through a chainlink fence
* Uses the newer batteries which is still the standard today
* Longer battery life
* Lightweight
* DX is great for telephotos

What do you want to do with the camera?
Dec 1, 2016
206 posts
53 upvotes
mississauga
You will find much improve experience switching from D7000 to D700. You will love d700, very nice image in low light, you see the view find is big and clear , and the ergonomics is much better.
I am using Z6 now but still recall the feeling of first time shoot with d700, switching from Dx camera, still love the camera, somewhat even more than versatile D750 i used to have later.

Thanks Op, scored the Nikon flash.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4520 posts
1442 upvotes
Toronto
najibs wrote: Haven;t kept an eye on used market prices for a while. Is $1079 for an X-Pro2 in 8 condition a good deal?
I'd think so... Used X-Pro2 were going for around $1300-$1400ish last year on Kijiji IIRC, and at least this would have a Henry's warranty. There are rumours that they'll be announcing the X-Pro3 sometime this year, which might drive prices down further, if you're willing to wait.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2173 posts
1302 upvotes
North Vancouver
sassysue wrote: I'm actually looking for a set atm looking to get into photography for a budget price....
I've had many film and digital Nikons over the years. I picked up a used D90 on eBay with 2 lenses for about $200 CDN about a month ago as I am travelling through Africa and didn't want to risk losing my good equipment. Fantastic camera, very happy with the photographs. This would be a great, low cost option for any amateur photographer.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7476 posts
801 upvotes
Waterloo
Sorcerer wrote: I've had many film and digital Nikons over the years. I picked up a used D90 on eBay with 2 lenses for about $200 CDN about a month ago as I am travelling through Africa and didn't want to risk losing my good equipment. Fantastic camera, very happy with the photographs. This would be a great, low cost option for any amateur photographer.
I actually recently got a 50d with 3 great lenses for 1100 the lenses alone is worth 600 each and came with a bag batteries etc great start. Ya the camera is older but lenses pays off for great pictures.
Aug 22, 2015
189 posts
167 upvotes
Longueuil, qc
Well, broke down and ordered the used X-H1 for $960 plus taxes. $300 less than the next cheapest one I could find. Thanks OP.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20940 posts
3485 upvotes
YUL
sassysue wrote: I actually recently got a 50d with 3 great lenses for 1100 the lenses alone is worth 600 each and came with a bag batteries etc great start. Ya the camera is older but lenses pays off for great pictures.
Which lenses?