• Nov 29th, 2018 8:27 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2354 posts
1095 upvotes
Ontario

[Henry's] Black Friday Flyer - nothing to see here :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
14 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2354 posts
1095 upvotes
Ontario
Ebates is only 1% too. :(

https://www.ebates.ca/henrys
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
Sep 10, 2018
89 posts
382 upvotes
I am upvoting as OP is truly honest about situation. I still looked at flyer but saved time by being able to skim through.

We don't see this often on RFD. There are so many * posting non-hot deals in hot deals forum and asking personal shopping questions in this forum.

Overall their flyer prices are same as other retailers.
Last edited by MrDisco on Nov 21st, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rude
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7810 posts
310 upvotes
Wait till Monday since they may have additional generic discount like 75 of 600
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Nov 20, 2018
13 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
How does everyone feel about the Canon t7i? Think it will get cheaper?
Apr 24, 2012
466 posts
535 upvotes
Vancouver
Best deal for Gopro Hero 7 Black? $529.99 + $50 gift card. Amazon has it at same price but no gift card.
Nov 4, 2016
849 posts
505 upvotes
Henry's isn't a place for people who knew exactly what they want to get, but just want the cheapest price. Henry is a place for people who don't know much about photography but want to talk to someone about it.

In the world of RFD, this doesn't fly of course. Most of us just want the cheapest prices. XD

I do wish that they offer cheap entry level gear. And then impress customers with their good service so they come shop again.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2354 posts
1095 upvotes
Ontario
Hey everyone, please STOP giving this thread a "thumbs up". LOL - there's no great deals to be had - unless you can convince me otherwise. :)

Apr 24, 2012
466 posts
535 upvotes
Vancouver
Look mister, we are not always acting rationally here, but we need our deals! DEALS! you hear me!?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3031 posts
659 upvotes
Calgary
I’d rather buy an a7ii at Henry’s.

I get a free bag and a new sales buddy to bullshit with and to sell me crap that I don’t need. In other words photo gear (I need that 400 to shot birds, I need that 50 for my street photography, that 90 will make my portraits better). Lol

Meanwhile pros are shooting National Geo spreads with iPhones.

My point is nothing. You’re welcome!
Nov 4, 2018
22 posts
5 upvotes
Niagara, ON
I'm looking to get a tripod.... I see the CAMERON T200BH for 69.99... is that a decent deal? Or can anyone recommend me a budget tripod?
Nov 18, 2015
892 posts
709 upvotes
Unionville, ON
ishagi wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 4:01 pm
Hey everyone, please STOP giving this thread a "thumbs up". LOL - there's no great deals to be had - unless you can convince me otherwise. :)

Reverse psychology 101... works every time
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2733 posts
623 upvotes
Last year they had better deals after Boxing Day
Apr 24, 2012
466 posts
535 upvotes
Vancouver
lewdvig wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 11:28 pm
I’d rather buy an a7ii at Henry’s.

I get a free bag and a new sales buddy to bullshit with and to sell me crap that I don’t need. In other words photo gear (I need that 400 to shot birds, I need that 50 for my street photography, that 90 will make my portraits better). Lol

Meanwhile pros are shooting National Geo spreads with iPhones.

My point is nothing. You’re welcome!
I suppose iPhone is good enough for spreads. I hear it works especially well for hazelnut spreads. You could probably even use the iPhone to do the spreading, just make sure to wash it with soap. But I would prefer the a7ii for anything that matters. Didn't know Nat Geo got into the food industry. I suppose business is tough.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2354 posts
1095 upvotes
Ontario
Well, as it turns out, I did find a couple of good deals (bag and strap) at Henry's. So, I apologize for saying they had no deals. They did, and the sale continues to the end of this week. :)
Looking forward to Boxing Day now ....