Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Henry's

Datacolor SpyderX Pro Calibrator - $129.99 ($100 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2021 11:38 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1679 posts
1777 upvotes
Pallet Town

[Henry's] Datacolor SpyderX Pro Calibrator - $129.99 ($100 off)

Datacolor SpyderX Pro on sale for $129.99 after $100 off. This was $169.99 earlier this month, but it dropped an additional $40. All time low was $115 direct from Datacolor in Oct 2020, but this comes close.

https://www.henrys.com/103662-DATACOLOR ... X-PRO.aspx

Also available at the Camera Store and Vistek:
https://thecamerastore.com/products/dat ... 91df&_ss=r
https://www.vistek.ca/store/430130/data ... pyderx-pro
Last edited by Hawk25 on May 25th, 2021 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
34 replies
Dec 27, 2018
202 posts
290 upvotes
Noob question, is HDR a separate calibration from SDR?
and if so does this include the function?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1964 posts
2506 upvotes
chlronald wrote: Noob question, is HDR a separate calibration from SDR?
For most devices, yes.
and if so does this include the function?
Depends on how high the brightness you are measuring. this one should be accurate up to 1000~ nit. If you require one that go up to 2000~ nit you need the X-Rite i1Display Pro Plus. You will know you require it if you actually require it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1679 posts
1777 upvotes
Pallet Town
fudge_u wrote: Thanks OP. Vistek had it for the same price. I assume all DataColor premium resellers have it on sale for this price. Vistek had an open box model on sale for $109.99, so I ended up getting that instead.
Aw lucky, I would've grabbed the open box as well. Updated OP to include Vistek
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3154 posts
6431 upvotes
I bought one of these last year on a whim then bought an LG OLED and Cal-Man. CAN I use this to calibrate my CX?

From what I gather I should have bought the Xrite one but I was being cheap/ stupid. I think I should have just paid someone with an x rite monitor to do this for me lol. Any way to get this to work using what I have?
Banned
Oct 7, 2020
101 posts
87 upvotes
I've used this and the X-Rite i1.

I found the x-rite i1 to be better overall.

Displaycal is great software to pair with this.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13633 posts
13707 upvotes
Oil Country
Hawk25 wrote: Aw lucky, I would've grabbed the open box as well. Updated OP to include Vistek
Looks like Vistek screwed me out of another deal. They had open-box stock on their website earlier, so I placed my order right away. They accepted payment, so I expected them to ship my order by the end of the week. A few minutes later I noticed the listing was removed from their site, so I thought maybe I got the last one they had.

Just got an email indicating that due to "website issues" they can't fill my order. Apparently someone before me already purchased the open-box item that was listed on their website, and because the website stock checker isn't in real-time their staff wasn't quick enough to update it. In this case the mistake is on their end so they should honor the deal to keep a customer happy, but that's not the case. I received an email from their CSR, and they told me I'm SOL, and there's nothing they're going to do about it.

This is annoying because it's the second time in recent months they've done that to me. I followed the store policy listed on their website and both times they weaseled out of them.

Ended up ordering from The Camera Store since they had stock.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2402 posts
707 upvotes
I bought this at the previous sale price from Henry’s about 10 days ago. Had no problems getting this new sale price matched.
Nov 29, 2012
129 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
I have a spectracal C3 (which in software is apparently a colormunki), and a Spyder 4. Both are 4ish years old and arent models without lenses or anything. Do models like this one that are sealed last longer (stay accurate longer), if anyone knows?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5807 posts
4425 upvotes
The reviews for this are mediocre for the price.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2816 posts
6154 upvotes
Vancouver
Ugh, everytime I see these.

I don't need to *OWN* one

Just to *USE* one for each monitor I have. ONCE.. maybe twice.
Jan 31, 2016
299 posts
158 upvotes
Ontario
Holy crap. This is awfully good price. Must get one...............and out of stock.Neutral Face
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13633 posts
13707 upvotes
Oil Country
ludwig3 wrote: Holy crap. This is awfully good price. Must get one...............and out of stock.Neutral Face
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... meter.html

$99USD plus shipping and fees. I think it works out to under $130 to Alberta. Not sure about Ontario.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1679 posts
1777 upvotes
Pallet Town
ludwig3 wrote: Holy crap. This is awfully good price. Must get one...............and out of stock.Neutral Face
Vistek and Camera Store still have it in stock
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13633 posts
13707 upvotes
Oil Country
Hawk25 wrote: Vistek and Camera Store still have it in stock
I ended up cancelling my order with The Camera Store, because I can save around $10 going through B&H. Plus, I also had US funds in my Paypal account.

I'm trying to pay as little as possible, because these are one of those things you'll use only once and then put on the shelf for the next 10 years.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3950 posts
1392 upvotes
Belle River
kimwoobingsu wrote: I bought one of these last year on a whim then bought an LG OLED and Cal-Man. CAN I use this to calibrate my CX?

From what I gather I should have bought the Xrite one but I was being cheap/ stupid. I think I should have just paid someone with an x rite monitor to do this for me lol. Any way to get this to work using what I have?
I know almost nothing about this stuff :), but I did some searches and from what I found the LG OLEDs max out well below 1000, which someone pointed out in this thread was around the max for this device, so maybe it's fine?
Oct 10, 2019
481 posts
477 upvotes
Can some one comment on this.
I have read that certain calibator's, their bulbs? wear out?
Is this correct?
And, is this model affected by this issue?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2019
2134 posts
5349 upvotes
North York ON
danascully wrote: Ugh, everytime I see these.

I don't need to *OWN* one

Just to *USE* one for each monitor I have. ONCE.. maybe twice.
Monitor colours shift over time. If you're a media producer and need accurate colour, you would be calibrating your monitors monthly or quarterly.

But if you just want the colour to be in the ballpark, you can probably find them used for cheap and sell them at no loss.