Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Henry's

PEAK DESIGN SLIDE AND SLIDE LITE CAMERA STRAPS $16/ $14 OFF

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2017 1:57 pm
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON

[Henry's] PEAK DESIGN SLIDE AND SLIDE LITE CAMERA STRAPS $16/ $14 OFF

If you are on the market for a high quality strap for your DSLR/ mirror-less, this is probably one the best products ever made.
The sale is not huge, but it is $1 cheaper than it was during X-mas sale, when I bought mine. By the end of the day, it is a premium product with the premium price tag.
The slide strap intended for bigger DSLRs is available in two colours:
Black
and
Blue

The SLIDE LITE strap is intended for smaller DSLRs and mirror-less cameras is also on sale for $55.99 ($14 off)- only one colour: black.

Leash strap for really small cameras is also on same for $39.99 ($10 off).

The shipping is free for purchases over $99, but you can also get it from the store if you have one nearby. Maybe someone can post a "free ship" coupon if they exist...

Additional product to consider:
PEAK DESIGN CLUTCH CAMERA STRAP for $43.99 ($11 off) - it is amazing from ergonomics perspective. This is hand strap, probably the most comfortable and durable on the market. I use it since December with 5Dmk3, my wrist can't be happier.

Enjoy!
31 replies
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
Here's the link to previous posting in December.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
Agedashii wrote: PM'ed instore at London Drugs. Thanks!
Did you buy regular or lite version? What camera you'll be using it with?
Aug 16, 2016
28 posts
14 upvotes
Lexi wrote: Did you buy regular or lite version? What camera you'll be using it with?
I bought the regular version for use with my 6D. I am liking the bottom mounting plate; it is quite handy to move the camera up from my side with the lens facing downwards to keep it safe. How have you mounted yours? Also, I am looking to find an adapter for my Manfrotto tripod now.
Jul 14, 2009
10 posts
1 upvote
Thanks! I found the Peak Design capture clip that I was looking for was also $16 off.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
Can the camera be used on a tripod with these straps on?
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23731 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Been using the slide on the 6D and now on the 5D mkiv. It's amazing for comfort as I usually have a 24-70 f2.8 mki on the body. Well worth it!!!

And yes you can use a tripod no problem with the strap on.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
kajo204 wrote: Can the camera be used on a tripod with these straps on?
Yes, as long as the tripod is arca-Swiss compatible, or use the adapter. I've got one from eBay for $14, I'll post the link if I'll find it.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
The strap is only as good as its weakest point...that point appears to be the anchors/strings...at whatever strength that might be at. (It might have a tensile strength similar to Superman's hair...I don't know).

Spec says: Vectran-corded Anchors can withstand over 200 lbs (90 kg)

I believe that's static weight. Around 889.64 newtons. The elasticity of the anchor's cord will have to come into consideration if you're moving around....
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1810 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
Lexi wrote:

Additional product to consider:
PEAK DESIGN CLUTCH CAMERA STRAP for $43.99 ($11 off) - it is amazing from ergonomics perspective. This is hand strap, probably the most comfortable and durable on the market. I use it since December with 5Dmk3, my wrist can't be happier.

Enjoy!
When i attach the hand strap, can i still mount my DSLR onto my manfrotto tripod? or do i need to buy another plate?
Jan 22, 2013
264 posts
68 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I've had the regular slide strap for years now. Traveled and hiked many KM with it. I don't abuse it, but I don't baby it either. The anchors haven't failed me yet. Really enjoy the ability to quickly remove the strap when I don't need it.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
I grabbed them all when they first went on Kickstarter, now I just use the Leash and Cuff (also on sale for $6 off).

For mirrorless users, freedom and light nature of these straps are perfect to not bulk you up. Quick to adjust. Can remove and literally stuff either of them in your pocket. And if you use their clip system, it also doubles as a harness in case you drop your camera.

The Slide is great for heavier cameras though, but even the Lite is too much for a mirrorless in my opinion.

I'm looking to get rid of my Clutch and Slide if anyone wants a bargain.
Mar 26, 2006
422 posts
400 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
chatbox wrote: The strap is only as good as its weakest point...that point appears to be the anchors/strings...at whatever strength that might be at. (It might have a tensile strength similar to Superman's hair...I don't know).

Spec says: Vectran-corded Anchors can withstand over 200 lbs (90 kg)

I believe that's static weight. Around 889.64 newtons. The elasticity of the anchor's cord will have to come into consideration if you're moving around....
I have a bunch of Peak Design gear and I can vouch for the quality as well. I use the slide strap when on vacation on my mirrorless and the clutch on my DSLR 100% of the time. Both products use the anchor system. The anchors are well built and I believe this is v2 of them. They now have coloured cording inside and have a disclaimer stating if you see yellow, you should replace it and if you see red, that you should not use it. The first version didn't have the colours and they advise to replace them with v2 so you can have an indication of deteriorating anchors. Their products are expensive for what they are but their quality is top notch!

Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I have the new version too, easy to tell when the fastener needs replaced. And they string through anywhere so I can use my Spider handstrap and tripod mount.
May 21, 2013
106 posts
145 upvotes
London
The Capture Clip Pro is on sale. That is the single best purchase I have ever made for camera gear. The mount plate is permanently on my camera and I just clip it to the strap of my Messenger when I'm out shooting.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)